By notmuchfun - 20/07/2010 21:17 - United States

Today, my mother continued her lifelong habit of talking to anyone who isn't white in extremely slow, exaggerated "caveman" English. She insists that she isn't being racist, but rather is helping. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 444
You deserved it 4 681

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Trupe 3

Black guy no like racist mommy. Very offensive

maybe you should start talking to her like a caveman and see how much she likes it....

Comments

Thats It..... Im A Offended Mexican, xO hahaha Its Too Late To Apoligize xD

My mother was born in Asia, but she learned English in elementary school, moved to the US when she was nine, and became a citizen shortly afterwards. She's very well-spoken, and has no accent whatsoever (I've actually asked people if she does, just in case I might be too accustomed to her accent to hear it. They've confirmed that she sounds 100% American.). She's gotten comments from teenagers: "Wow, your English is perfect!" "Well, I've been American longer than YOU have." Just the other day, we were at a family friend's party when this woman came up to us and started asking what ethnicity we were, and complimented my mother on her fluency, saying, "I get my nails done by Vietnamese, but I can't understand a damn thing they say!" Needless to say, my entire family was dumbfounded. We later learned that this woman had asked the hostess, "How do you know that beautiful foreign family?" and "Did they bring their own special foreign food?"

I......hope.....your.....mother....gets....what's..coming.....to....her. SHE'S A RETARD. In fact, it makes her look stupid rather than being helpful =]

Hahaha, that is quite funny. You should return the favor.

hahaha, sounds like something I would do.

heehee I'll speak slowly around my friends who are white and talk norm round diff culture friends

lol sorry that is not so cool or funny... I though those people who talked to me slowly were patient people... guess they were just being helpful!!! I am yellow!!!

FeedtheBrood 0

People in the older generation usually are pretty racist. It's a sign of their times, and for the most part it's harmless and even a little cute, in a folksy kind of way.

Why is this an FML? How does it affect your life?

LightningLadyy 0