By cargaljen - 21/10/2012 00:22 - United States

Today, my husband sweetly asked me, "You know what I'd really like to do if I had an extra $4,000?" Expecting a romantic answer, I asked what. He said, "I'd get you a tummy tuck." He still can't figure out what he said wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 929
You deserved it 4 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell him you'd like to spend it on male hookers and chocolate.

cooterpie 11

At least he's willing to spend 4 grand on YOU. Maybe he also thinks its something you'd like.

Comments

As insulting as it is, it's sweet that he's thinking of you, and wanting to spend the money on you.

Fat shit lose some weight. Make yourself attractive to him again!

SApprentice 34

And you wonder why marriages fail at an all time high rate? Pleeeasse.

It sweet that he's thinking about her excess stomach fat?

Waste of $4000 If you ask me. Just do more exercise, or sexercise, or both... and have $4k to spend too.

Tummy tucks aren't usually for excess stomach fat. They're for excess skin. Which CAN'T be gotten rid of via exercise. I also think it was sweet. You just need to understand where some men come from when they say things like that. He probably thought that it was a sincere and romantic gesture and I can see where he wouldn't understand that what he said is actually a bit insulting to a woman. Women don't even understand each other's thought processes, so how can we expect men to?

cooterpie 11

At least he's willing to spend 4 grand on YOU. Maybe he also thinks its something you'd like.

dellam 3

Love , try and save your husband 4k , use the treadmill sometime

It seems like you've really let yourself go

CoffeeChickBlows 13

Really? I'm not seeing any pics of the OP to make a judgment on. Who let this fucktard out of kindergarten?

Well at least he's offering you the easy route ... Probably means you are lazy as well as fat ;)

Tell him you'd like to spend it on male hookers and chocolate.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Have you ever hinted about wanting one/ given him a reason to think you want one in the past?

Yes she is fat... Most fat women bitch when fishing for compliments, also she probably has shown a general lazy attitude and unwillingness to work out, or she does work out and due to childbirth or some such has damage that needs repair rather than conditioning.

HeyArnold91 8

Needing a tummy tuck doesn't necessarily mean you're fat. OP may have lost weight and there was just extra skin that is hard to trim off through exercise alone.

HeyArnold91 8

Maybe he meant well, but I'd feel so insecure afterwards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Umm I just wanted to say that you're very cute!!!!

SApprentice 34

"Honey, I want you to go a surgeon and have him slice off several inches of your abdominal skin and underlying fatty tissue. It'll make you sexier for me. Please?" Some people disgust me.

How do we know that was the husbands intentions for wanting to get her one? Maybe OP lost a lot of weight or she's had a few kids? The way OP worded this FML makes me think the husband didn't meantion it for selfish reasons.

SApprentice 34

23- It doesn't matter. Surgery comes with a lot of risks. A surgery like an abdominoplasty is traumatic for the body even without the normal surgery dangers. There's the general swelling and pain, as well as risks for life-threatening blood clots, hemorrhage, and permanent pain or numbness caused by damage to nerves. There's a chance of permanent disfiguration, either from badly healed scars or asymmetry in the cuts. The skin on the surface can die off, requiring more surgeries and skin grafts, and there's a risk of the inner tissues also rotting away. Massive infections, sepsis, fluid retention, seroma, hematoma, the list of possible problems is extensive. If OP wants it already then she should do whatever she wishes, but no one should ever prompt their partner to go through with a potentially deadly surgery as if what they are proposing is simple and easy. It's not.

O.o wow. I had no idea the possibilities of what could go wrong. I hope OP's husband reads your comment.

Thank you for educating us all on just how badly a simple "tummy tuck" surgery could end up...