By alexa - 08/12/2015 17:14 - Germany - N?rnberg

Today, my husband put on a nice suit and asked me out to dinner. When he found out I was on my period, he decided to stay home instead, since there was "no point" anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 065
You deserved it 2 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time keep that part about riding the cotton pony a secret until after desert has been served.

dman798 18

If he wont spoil you when you are on it then does he deserve you to begin with?

Comments

jgriff79 23

Like A comedian once said "They don't close the amusement park because the roller coaster is broken."

Allornone 35

very true. the park does have other rides after all.

LavenderCrow 12

The roller coaster isn't broken, it's just become a water park ride - but instead of water it's blood. If no one's squicked by it, just lay down a towel and take a nice shower together afterwards.

Shower sex is the way to do it. Ya don't even notice.

Well now you know he wants sex. Your move. You either continue an immature back and forth fight, OR give it to him good. I'd go with #2 and then talk to him about what an ahole move that was from his part.

leogachi 15

@13 Those are really the only two options you can think of? When the sex is over and she's telling him not to be a dick, he's just gonna say, "Well it worked, didn't it?" And then he'll do it again in the future.

Sex while on a period isn't fun for the woman in most cases. And she shouldn't just give it to him because its what HE wants. Her body.

What the ****?? That's your advice? "Your husband is an asshole that won't take you out on dates unless he gets sex out of it, so you should **** his brains out.... Oh but then tell him that it was bad for him to do"... Do you have no respect for yourself

@37 Actually sex on your period can reduce cramping and help shorten the length of your period. Plus it can act as extra lube which always feels good. Sure it's messy but sex is messy anyway, and you can always put down a towel. You could even shower together after, thus heightening the intimacy. Not only is OP's husband a shitty person for thinking the only reason to initiate romance is because he's expecting sex at the end of it, but also for thinking being on your period automatically makes you "closed for business". Obviously I do know that sex on your period isn't for everyone, and OP may not feel comfortable with it herself, but there's still no excuse for how her husband acted. You should probably have a serious talk with him OP, hopefully he'll grow up and realise there's more to marriage than getting his end away.

Erdricks_Sword 9

Maybe he was afraid of running a red light.

He still should have made you a nice dinner.

leogachi 15

@19 He should have taken her out to dinner.

Terri_Dactal 13

Damn that sucks OP Next time just have the dinner and make it real sensual and get his hopes up. Then when he goes in for the kill it will be all the more worth it. Dinner and no obligation to have sex. Sounds good to me

And I thought dating was bad. I'd rather stay single all my life than eventually be thought of as little more than a sentient sex machine.

If you think that this situation is normal and that all women go through this, there's something wrong with you

No, there's something wrong with society for letting it be normal.

That must have been hurtful, I'm sorry OP. :/ That's not okay.