By Anonymous - 16/10/2015 00:57 - United States - Wichita

Today, my husband finally admitted that he squandered the last three months of my share of the rent on booze. He then blamed me, demanded more money, asked for a divorce, and stormed out. When he returned he asked, "How am I the bad guy?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 602
You deserved it 2 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I could name plenty of reasons he's the bad guy.

Addiction (I would assume) can unfortunately do that. It's a terrible thing to have to deal with for everyone involved.

Comments

You're not alcoholism is a disease and people were manipulated to fit what they need in life I'm truly sorry for you

Put the reasons in the divorce notice!!

That divorce doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me.

I don't know if it's FYL for him being a douche or YDI for not having better safeguards on your money

You shouldn't have to safeguard your money from your own husband.

If you have to "share" the rent your relationship is already broken.

I love how everyone has an opinion on someone else's financial status. Have you ever been in a committee relationship and on a budget, #45? Any experience there at all before you judge? My boyfriend and I live together, have for years, and I'm on a much tighter budget than him due to making less money and having school expenses. We have totally separate bank accounts and split the bills, not 50/50, but they are split at a reasonable place based on our incomes because it's easier and doesn't cause any fighting over money. Maybe eventually when we are more financially secure we'll have a joint account. And believe it or not, we're very happy together, our bills get paid, and we don't have to fight over money.

Do give him something! A divorce and a kick in the balls for being self-inflicted stupid.

How is he not? Also, your share? Do you two split the bills?

narnianstars 8

That's a typical alcoholics response. It's not your fault for his drinking. You didn't pour it down his throat. My ex also blamed me for his drinking. Which I found amazing since he started drinking before he met me.

Then divorce him. No one wants to be with a person like that.