By Mary - 10/07/2011 12:49 - United States

Today, my husband decided he needs to be thanked after every time he changes our daughter's diaper; if not he throws a temper tantrum. Now I have two babies to deal with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 327
You deserved it 6 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

"Honey, I just changed a diaper." "Good for you." "Excuse me? Excuse me? I just changed a diaper and all I get is a good for you? I better get a thank you or I am going to throw a tantrum. Consider yourself warned."

Comments

ok, heh deserves to be thanked a couple of times. But come on, man up and be the husband and father. And OP, if your exaggerating, just stop bitching about it.

seriously, call him a DB, an tell him he is a dad, that's what we do!!!

KatrinaKitten 16

It takes about three seconds to say it.

He's a douche. He does NOT need to be thanked for taking care of his own kid! Tell him to get the hell over it.

lmaoatall 6

when that baby has major diahrea, and it's seeping through, place the baby on his lap and take off running yelling... THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKOUUUU!!!!!!!

Sparkiee93 3

Buy him a booklet of gold stars and every time he changes, bathes, or rocks her stick a star on a piece of paper with his name on it and one on his forehead, and act the same way he does whenever you do anything. Next time you change a diaper go slam it down next to him and cross your arms huff and look away. Next time you do anything just look to him and say "Well?" Hopefully it will give him an idea of what he's doing and he will change his attitude towards caring for his own child. Just if you do take my approach don't let it get out of control, remeber that your daughter is still #1and that BOTH of you are #2.

Or maybe she could take the high road, just sit him down and explain why this is a problem and maybe find out how he feels...Clearly he's upset about something.

mariet_fml 23

What a douche! Don't let him get away with it, or he'll get even more sexist.

kittea86 0

tell him to grow the **** up. he has a child now.

Mikahz94 0

Did he ever thank you for changing diapers? Personally I think it should'nt have to be said. I mean parenting is a partnership. You are in it together. If he throws a tantrum when it is something that needs to be done, then how will he act if it's something serious that you or your child will need help with? This is crazy. Im sorry but I would have left him a long time ago.