By Anonymous - 01/07/2012 17:09 - United States

Today, my husband and I went to the store. Because we have no car, we had to walk four miles in the 115 fahrenheit weather. It didn't click until we were standing outside the door with a metric shit-tonne of ice-cream, that we'd have to tear ass back home to keep it all from melting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 260
You deserved it 30 208

Same thing different taste

Top comments

4 miles for some ice cream? Now that's determination

So, you purchased 1000 kgs of ice-cream (plus whatever the difference is between a shit-tonne and a regular tonne is), with a distance of 6.4 kms needed to travel, in an environment of roughly 46'C, which gives you an estimated time of 10 minutes before it's melted beyond consumption........Interesting. I guess the only question I have to that is, can you and your husband maintain a running speed of no less than 38.4 km/h, with a tonne strapped to your combined asses, for 10 solid minutes? Because if not, you may not have thought this through very well. :)

Comments

So, you purchased 1000 kgs of ice-cream (plus whatever the difference is between a shit-tonne and a regular tonne is), with a distance of 6.4 kms needed to travel, in an environment of roughly 46'C, which gives you an estimated time of 10 minutes before it's melted beyond consumption........Interesting. I guess the only question I have to that is, can you and your husband maintain a running speed of no less than 38.4 km/h, with a tonne strapped to your combined asses, for 10 solid minutes? Because if not, you may not have thought this through very well. :)

34- One must devote all mental focus to ice-cream in order to pay it proper homage. ;)

The FML app crashed three times before it would let me give you a thumbs up, but it was worth it!

perdix 29

Thank you for putting everything in consistent units, the mix of metric and Engish units was distracting. I still can't find a reliable conversion factor for a shit-ton. Once the quantities were in context, I understood why these two morons can't manage to cobble together enough money to make a down payment on a thoroughly-used car.

62- I beleive that you mean shit-tonne?

Huh. This is a first. I think I'm gay for you.

The metric system IS a proper system of measurement

Aadavis94 25

In my opinion a shit tonne is a about 3.634 times the necessary amount needed to get a job done

trippythehippy 6

How did that work out? And what did we learn?

hockeyoceancity 13

We learned not all Stop signs are red.

trippythehippy 6

Yea. It kinda baffled me when I pulled up to it

aleeshttylXD 9

we learned to save up money an buy a car...

Maybe take a cab, just this once? If you can afford a ton of ice-cream, you can afford a single 4 mile cab journey to save it.

If they live in OKC, like me, there aren't a lot of cabs. And, it is 115 degree weather here.

GaurdGirl 5

I'm sure you can do it. If you keep it in one bag, then it won't melt nearly as fast.

Didn't think that one through, huh?

Why didn't you just take a bus or taxi cab back... or bring a small cooler with you to carry it in? YDI

Xquisite1 28

I know this may come as a shock to you but--NOT EVERYWHERE HAS BUSES OR CABS! There is a such thing as small towns.

37- If it's a small town, I guarantee you they know someone in a car passing by to hitch a ride with.

Xquisite1 28

Apparently you've never lived in a small town before. For example a population of 6,000 is considered a small town. Thats doesn't mean that OP knows everyone in town.

I have lived in a small town. And my idea of small happens to be less than 6,000 people. I've lived multiple places in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Iowa. I knew a lot of people. And guess what? We had a taxi service everywhere I went.

UltimateGIRness 16

Y'all are makin my town sound like a dot on a map.we got 493 people and no cab service.if we go anywhere without a car,we know people to drive us home

shannon.elizabeth 13

places in eastern WA has a lot of small towns with no services like taxis or buses and not a lot of people really knew anyone bc houses were so spread apart & no one was friendly

86- My point exactly. No cab? Phone a friend. Or just flag one down.

If you're in a area with out public transportation, you NEED a car before you need ice cream. Get your priorities straight.

Thebestman123 3

A shit-ton will not fit in a small cooler, niether will a ton of shit.

Xquisite1 28

Google a place called Preston,MD or Hurlock, MD. I grow up on the Eastern Shore of MD, it is rural and most of the towns have 3,000- 6,000 people in them. Small towns, country setting, people live spread apart and NO taxi or bus is in either one of those towns. You haven't lived everywhere in America. What may be true for one place isn't true for all. NOT EVERY PLACE HAS BUSES OR TAXIS! You need to explore the world more before you try to make asinine points.

With that much ice cream, I'd say you needed to walk..

Maybe if you didn't but metric shit tons of ice cream you could afford a car

Should have smeared it on yourself to stay cool....