By PreciousIve - 09/06/2009 15:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband and I decided to get a little frisky in bed. After we were done we lay spent on our bed then only to hear weird noises coming from our doorway. To our surprise not only had our daughter taken her first steps but has been watching and now making the noises as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 163
You deserved it 26 714

PreciousIve tells us more.

PreciousIve 0

*Clarification* My post is not fake, sex happens... And my baby was not abandoned carelessly she just took a late morning nap at her playroom (which is directly in front of our bedroom) and as most parents know trying to sneak sex after having a baby is like looking for the Lochness Monster. And since she is a light sleeper moving her to her crib is a self sabotage. So when all the sexytime happened our daughter must have woken up upon hearing the noise and being a natural 10 month old baby curiousity must have driven her to get up and see why mommy and daddy are making strange noises and since we didn't close our door so she can be within sight (why we close the door on her?) she went to us and watched most or some of the action. But the whole point of me posting it was so I can share a small part of my life to everyone and laugh at it, and isn't that the whole point of this site?

Top comments

You often leave your door open and leave your baby unattended on the floor when having sex? Failparent

Comments

Where on earth did you leave her in the first place, sleeping on the floor??

Forget that she saw you having sex, she hasn't developed a long term memory yet, so that's not what i care about. What really concerns me is that if she's just taken her first steps, that makes her like 1 or 1 1/2 right? So I have a question: Did you just leave your little baby alone and unsupervised sitting on the floor of another room in your house while you went to go have sex with your husband? That's pretty irresponsible parenting! Forgive me if she climbed out of her crib or something, but you should be happy that nothing bad happened to her, not bitching about the fact that she saw you doing something she won't even remember tomorrow!

nwoodh 0

#10 you moron- if the she isnt old enough to be really walking yet, she should most definitely be sleeping in a confined space like a crib. She should absolutely NOT be anywhere that would allow her to walk/crawl/anything into her parents bedroom. Think about what else she could get into? No matter how this situation came about, you fail completely at being a parent.

This is a bs fml. That wouldn't have happened. Everyone says they're bad parents for leaving the kid unattended and on the floor. I just say the OP is a liar.

I'm not really seeing how the parents deserve it. They were having sex at night, when the baby should have been sleeping. It just followed the familiar voices and accidentally walked in on them.

it's the parents' faults because the baby should have been in a crib, dumbass, not on the floor.

lizzypooh36 18

It says nothing about it being night time. So really, in my opinion, they fail at parenting for letting the little child be left alone like that. They're lucky nothing worse happened to that child

#13 you jackass - maybe the baby WAS in a crib, and escaped. that does happen quite often, you know. don't you watch The Rugrats?? also, never in this fml did the OP say it was night. maybe they left their child playing, napping, whatever, and she just happened to get bored and try to find them.

sorry to break it to you, but rugrats is a cartoon. earth shattering, I know. not to so say babys can't get out of cribs, but come up with a better example than that, moron.

they left their (probably) 1 year old child playing while they were having sex... great parents

You know what, you are SO right, from now on I will check my baby's pampers for hidden screwdrivers :) thanks for the parenting tip!

Wow, you're either the worst parents ever, your child is a prodigy or this is fake. Kids can't climb out of their cribs that easily before they are walking. When a baby takes its first steps, it's a few steps and then they wobble and fall generally. Even if your kid picked it up immediately ,they couldn't possibly have gotten out of the playpen/crib and wandered over. So what I'm deducing is that you guys left the kid outside your door unattended. Which seems unlikely, so I call BS here. Which is good, it means you're only a liar and not a bad parent. Your kid has half a chance. #16-...Because the Rugrats SO accurately portrays real life. Kids don't go from walking to breaking out in 5 minutes.

Kids can sometimes get out of their cribs long before they can walk. My daughter was around 9 months old when she would get out of her crib and crawl over to be by the fan. She didn't walk until 11 months.

addiizcherry 0

Hey, your theory is just a accurate as the other persons. OP didn't clearly state where her daughter was, so who's to say you're more right than the other?

parents of the year! you are lucky she didn't fall down the stairs or something worse.

ChasinParkedCars 0

thanks for backing me up #16. that's totally what i was thinking. the crib doesn't have to be 5 feet off the ground you know. they can crawl the hell out of there if they tried. i didn't mean she's sleeping on the floor.

If its possible for the baby to climb out of her crib then baby gates should be placed on the doors to ensure that she cannot get out of the room! But for a child who has just taken her first steps, it's very unlikely that she would possess the body strength it would take to hoist herself out of a crib...