By PreciousIve - 09/06/2009 15:36 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband and I decided to get a little frisky in bed. After we were done we lay spent on our bed then only to hear weird noises coming from our doorway. To our surprise not only had our daughter taken her first steps but has been watching and now making the noises as well. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 165
You deserved it 26 714

PreciousIve tells us more.

PreciousIve 0

*Clarification* My post is not fake, sex happens... And my baby was not abandoned carelessly she just took a late morning nap at her playroom (which is directly in front of our bedroom) and as most parents know trying to sneak sex after having a baby is like looking for the Lochness Monster. And since she is a light sleeper moving her to her crib is a self sabotage. So when all the sexytime happened our daughter must have woken up upon hearing the noise and being a natural 10 month old baby curiousity must have driven her to get up and see why mommy and daddy are making strange noises and since we didn't close our door so she can be within sight (why we close the door on her?) she went to us and watched most or some of the action. But the whole point of me posting it was so I can share a small part of my life to everyone and laugh at it, and isn't that the whole point of this site?

Top comments

You often leave your door open and leave your baby unattended on the floor when having sex? Failparent

Comments

Yeah, now that I think about it, #17 has a point...my little brother took his first steps to me and he definitely was only able to take like two steps without falling down at first.

amazingkate 0

are you as bad of parents as you sound in this post? where did you put your kid while you had sex? man, you sound like you suck. i hope you don't for your kid's sake.

#15- If the baby was sleeping I would hope they would put her in a crib, but if she had never walked before I don't see how she could've managed to get out of her crib so easily. #16- Using the Rugrats as a reference? Fail. If they left her napping they shouldn't have left her in a place she could easily crawl out of; if she was playing she shouldn't have been left unsupervised in the first place.

#17: are you for real? young kids climb out of their cribs ALL THE TIME they move around so much and get out my brother used to do it and it doesn't mean they can't walk, the OP probably meant they had taken their first proper steps unaided...clearly...but it was obviously gradual...these things dont just happen suddenly. and OP: i'm assuming your daughter is very young so she won't remember it. but YDI cos you shouldn't leave a baby unattended really.

why was your kid laying on the floor by herself outside of your bedroom anyway? jeezus.

#17- You are SO right... the Rugrats DOES accurately portray real life! At least someone here knows what they're talking about, thank you for agreeing with me =] no problem #20, I got yo back. #23- no u r.

thuryn 2

"First steps" means that the baby has probably been very mobile for a while now. Babies CRAWL first, people! Also, before they walk, they "cruise", which means they pull up on tables and walk along the edge while holding on. Young kids are quite mobile even before they can walk, and are freakin' escape artists. Cribs are not foolproof. My daughter escaped hers all the time, which is why we had it down low. We didn't want her climbing out and then falling three feet and breaking her neck. This is completely believable, and many of you are judgemental assholes who are assuming an awful lot, just like several other FMLs that have posted lately.

#17, I actually learned how to escape my crib by climbing up the side and doing a front flip out onto a pile of laundry when I was 10 months old.

WearingHats 14

a child making first steps won't remember it, and wouldn't understand what you were doing anyway. and would only think you're "playing" or "jumpin' on the bed" so doesn't really matter. your daughter was made in the same way anyway ;) next decent fml please.

ever heard of a playpen or a crib? what if the child had gotten hurt while you were having sex?