By the forgotten one - 30/01/2012 03:01 - United States

Today, my grandfather sent everyone in my family an email thanking them for the photo we got him. I'd bought the frame, edited the picture, and delivered it to him. All everyone else did was show up and complain while the picture was being taken. I'm the only one who didn't get a thank you email. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 032
You deserved it 2 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Picture's worth a thousand words, OP. Send him one of a pretty birdie.

I think the reason OP is upset is because he/she was excluded. It's not about recognition or receiving anything in return, it's the fact that the person mainly responsible for the photo wasn't included in the thank yous. Which is kinda ****** up.

Comments

Giantsfann7 0

At least he liked it... That's a compliment in itself

Track1991 0

Send him an email..."youre welcome grandpa." sometimes you don't always get appreciated. Later down the road, tell your grandpa "I hope you like the frame I put together."

KiddNYC1O 20
Inediblepeaches 15

Don't do it again next year and bring it up every time you see them so you won't have to put up with it again

OP I see where you are coming from. I'm sure you weren't doing all the work to stand out from the others or to receive all the gratitude. But to not be recognized when everyone else was, was wrong. Hope that it was an oversight and reach out to your gramps! It's better to talk about it then keep it in and wonder! You never know if you or he will be here tomorrow and if he is gone you do not want to live with animosity or question it for years to come!

patadair 0

Did you do it for the thanks or because you love him? Get that straight first ...

I think the reason you didn't get an email thank you is because you hand-delivered it and probably got a face-to-face thank you - am I right? Then he already thought he had thanked you properly. :)

Stop complaining you should write an FML on how your writing an FML about not getting a thank you email

Do family things because you want to, not because you expect a "Thank You."