By the forgotten one - 30/01/2012 03:01 - United States

Today, my grandfather sent everyone in my family an email thanking them for the photo we got him. I'd bought the frame, edited the picture, and delivered it to him. All everyone else did was show up and complain while the picture was being taken. I'm the only one who didn't get a thank you email. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 032
You deserved it 2 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Picture's worth a thousand words, OP. Send him one of a pretty birdie.

I think the reason OP is upset is because he/she was excluded. It's not about recognition or receiving anything in return, it's the fact that the person mainly responsible for the photo wasn't included in the thank yous. Which is kinda ****** up.

Comments

Sure he didn't say thankyou when you gave it to him, and he was only emailing the people that weren't there when he said thankyou to you and you're overreacting?

perdix 29

Thank you emails don't count for shit anyways. If you don't get a paper card in the snail mail within a week, go over to grandpa's, put your foot through the picture and then one in his nuts. Old people take etiquette seriously. He'd expect no less from you if he snubs you.

Maybe he did send it to you, but input the wrong email? Or misspelled it?

I'm going to guess that when you gave it to him he thanked you in person... Which is by far better than am email

SxeDaze 13

Maybe he didn't have your email adress. No good deed goes unpunished.

Well it's clear who the reject is in the family. ;)

RoseTintMyWorld 8

Emails are insincere anyways. Maybe he's sending you a nice card to show you how much he really appreciates you and your effort towards the gift.

GoW_Chick 14

It's okay, not every good deed needs to be rewarded, you should just be happy with the fact that you actually cared enough to do all those things and feel good about yourself, and I'm sure your grandfather noticed maybe he just wanted to thank you some other way.

I so agree! My grandmother always would call everyone to thank her for the collaborative gift or party, but for me [who planned and implemented everything] she knew all the hardwork I would do and would later treat me to dinner or give a gift of appreciation. Sometimes good deeds are rewarded much later or in a different way than expected.

Welcome to life. Those who do nothing get credit while the hard-working people are brushed aside.