By the forgotten one - 30/01/2012 03:01 - United States

Today, my grandfather sent everyone in my family an email thanking them for the photo we got him. I'd bought the frame, edited the picture, and delivered it to him. All everyone else did was show up and complain while the picture was being taken. I'm the only one who didn't get a thank you email. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 032
You deserved it 2 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Picture's worth a thousand words, OP. Send him one of a pretty birdie.

I think the reason OP is upset is because he/she was excluded. It's not about recognition or receiving anything in return, it's the fact that the person mainly responsible for the photo wasn't included in the thank yous. Which is kinda ****** up.

Comments

Clamcreepy 7

Well looks like he won't be getting anymore photos from the family since he screwed you over so ****** up his only connect to get family photos.

jasony0423 0

You said you delivered it, so you more than likely were thanked by him personally at that time. Why would he feel the need to inflate your ego by gushing in an email to you as well?

You delivered it? Surely you got the thanks in person and the email was because he didn't see everyone?

I imagine he would have thanked you when you dropped it off? He obviously assumed everyone else had played an equal part in it and due to there absence he obviously felt he needed to thank them too hence the email.

At least you did a nice job and you grandpa loved it, go op!! Maybe your grandpa's going to give you some extra credit afterwards.

Benelli_SkM 0

Send him a picture of a dirty old ****, because that's what he is.

In all likelihood, he probably thanked you when you gave it to him. Probably even gave you a hug....significantly more personal than a blanket e-mail. Get over yourself & be happy he enjoys the photo....isn't that why you did it I'm the first place???

I know it's difficult. But just don't say anything. Be merciful and gracious, and you will be rewarded I promise you. :(

Since you delivered it.. He already thanked you in person?

I'm just impressed he can email. Hahaha. Perhaps, just as he was about to put your email address in amongst the others a) he had an episode of Alzheimer's, b) his backed up colon decided to move or c) he popped a boredom stiffy for the first time in seven years and would rather have spent the time with Granny and not sending emails to whiney, self righteous grandchildren?