By the forgotten one - 30/01/2012 03:01 - United States

Today, my grandfather sent everyone in my family an email thanking them for the photo we got him. I'd bought the frame, edited the picture, and delivered it to him. All everyone else did was show up and complain while the picture was being taken. I'm the only one who didn't get a thank you email. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 032
You deserved it 2 326

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Picture's worth a thousand words, OP. Send him one of a pretty birdie.

I think the reason OP is upset is because he/she was excluded. It's not about recognition or receiving anything in return, it's the fact that the person mainly responsible for the photo wasn't included in the thank yous. Which is kinda ****** up.

Comments

Well you were there to drop it off. I'm guessing he gave you a personal "thank you" I would appreciate that. Could have been the reason why he didn't email you?

Family should do things for family not because they expect something in return, choosing to make someone else happy with no recognition is something to be admired.

OP delivered it & probably got a thank you in person that's why he wasn't included in the email...

mediaqueen 7

Get a ******* life. That should not stress you out

That's too bad. But karma works for the good people too. :)

Sucks, but you can bring it to his attention in a nice way some time soon. Probably better just between him and you, since you don't want to come across as bragging/fishing for compliments. He might have accidentally left you off the e-mail list, especially if it went out to a large group. Most older people haven't set up lists for this kind of messge...

PinkFun1969 9

I still have 50 pic I took at Christmas and still have done nothing with them. Thanks Op. I need to get on that! ;-}

Did anyone stop to think that the grandfather is probably pretty old and most likely just had an honest mistake and forgot?