By the forgotten one - 30/01/2012 03:01 - United States

Today, my grandfather sent everyone in my family an email thanking them for the photo we got him. I'd bought the frame, edited the picture, and delivered it to him. All everyone else did was show up and complain while the picture was being taken. I'm the only one who didn't get a thank you email. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 032
You deserved it 2 325

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Picture's worth a thousand words, OP. Send him one of a pretty birdie.

I think the reason OP is upset is because he/she was excluded. It's not about recognition or receiving anything in return, it's the fact that the person mainly responsible for the photo wasn't included in the thank yous. Which is kinda ****** up.

Comments

Did you only do it for the thanks? Jeez...

13-OP did it to make his grandfather happy, but the reason she is angry is because she put in a lot of thought, and she got the least recognition. Sometimes, it just feels good to be appreciated, especially for hard work and altruism.

It's always nice to see how much people appreciate you every day, like at my job most people don't even say "thank you" after I give them their order...:(

Wow that's crazy, so they grab their food and check it then ignore you while walking/driving away? Sheesh, it takes less than 3 sec to say thank you.

TheDrifter 23

Aren't most of the McD's regulars rather large folks? Giving them their order likely causes minor joygasms on first sight and they're too distracted to speak.

ninjuh_wingman 29

What was wrong with the photo that you had to edit it?

That was my question, too. I'm hoping by edit she means enhancing colors and all that rather than completely shopping a photo and building a Frankenstein's monster photo. The later would be kinda funny to see, though.

Btw I mean to give you a thumbs up, but I apparently missed it and thumbed it down instead. Sorry! It is 3am here, though.

lrgenesis 19

15- definitely what I was thinking as well and 23- I fixed it for you:)

jacob4592 0

Don't trip! Thank you for being awesome!

Maybe he send thanks to all others for making u edit the picture.

Be nice to him until he dies. Cause the last man standing always wins

kudos to you. you did a nice thing for your grandpa. I'm sure he loved it. ;)

G0v3nat0r 7

It almost makes me mad that some people still put YDI for something like this, OP didn't deserve anything bad, all she did was do something nice.

Don't let your family walk all over you like that OP

anonymous1404 1

That's really disappointing, but look on the bright side at least he liked the photo :)