By Dave - 10/09/2009 13:37 - United States

Today, my girlfriend of 3 years told me that I was part of an experiment for her Sociology doctorate. I also learned that the notebooks she's been writing in for the past three years aren't for her "doctorate in literature" as she had told me, they were notes on my behavior for the past 3 years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 517
You deserved it 3 571

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't be an experiment because if it was, human subjects have to give prior consent. Want to get even, complain to the dean of students that you unwillingly were a human subject for her experiments, feel as though your rights were violated and want to talk to someone at the university about its policies. She'll be F'd.

Comments

ramdoodle45 0

that means the bitch was conducting a test or experiment without your consent as an unwilling participant, hopefully you'll have the balls to stand up to her and deny consent thereby not letting her use you and hopefully wasting three years of her life for what she did to you. oh and like #2 said, that's illegal so I'd also sue her

greatnt249 0

What's he going to sue for? As of yet, nothing has been published and (thus) no damage has really been done.

it's possible that he could sue for negligence if he feels she has caused him emotional damage/distress. ianal.

Baselisk 0

wow, that's the shitiest thing I've ever heard.. she sucks..

Did she get the idea from the play/movie "The Shape of Things"? Because that scenario is quite nearly the exact plot.

So for three years, YOU thought YOUR girlfriend was going for a Ph.D in literature? YDI a little bit for not knowing what she had been doing all that time. But FYL for having a stealthy girlfriend who's been living a lie, at your expense. And for having a girlfriend who may have cheated. (Hopefully just on her sociology degree.)

My god I'd be ******* livid. She is either in for the break up or her life or the roughest of rough sex.

this is rather unethical, especially if its the only reason she got with you. Unethical but funny.

Unethical, but unless something happened other than her being interested in you, not an FML

Studying one person in a relationship doesn't really fall under the category of Sociology, more likely Anthropology (maybe Psychology depending on what behaviors she's looking for). Either this is fake, your girlfriend's lying, or you're too dumb to remember what social science she's studying.