By stillloveherthough - 26/02/2016 17:54 - Germany - Aachen

Today, my girlfriend had a complete breakdown. I was trying to calm her down and reassure her that she will accomplish all of her dreams. Her response: "Then why am I even with you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 327
You deserved it 2 026

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, let's not read too far into it since she was under emotional duress.

Comments

Wow, ouch, I'm sure she didn't mean it. I know I've said hurtful things when super upset. Hopefully you guys can make up when she calms down.

There is something I have given serious thought to in recent times. People tend to speak the truth when angry at someone or if inebriated. I can say that it's true in this particular scenario, as it could be affected by some outside factor, but signs point to her words being true. If I were OP, I would have a serious talk with her about what she REALLY wants. (what she really, really wants...)

That is very true. Yet I also feel we say these hurtful things to people when mad because we want to hurt them too. Misery loves company after all. Yet at the same time, it's things you overlook normally because you love a person. Not in the abusive way, but in a normal relationship there are things that bother you or aren't the best things about your spouse, but you love them despite them. But when you're angry you sling those negative things about them. It's a tough call, but I agree 100% with you on OP needing to sit his girlfriend down and talking about what she wants and if she really is happy with him.

So in her lowest point the truth came out I would reconsider being with someone that doesn't feel the same way that I feel for them

women like that arent worth your time. If she says something like that then just forget about her and have a plate of lasagna, that always cheers me up.

RedCronos 17

That might be her emotions talking.

kingshelly 24

The truth always comes out when people are under emotional stress that should tell you everything you need to know. Still though I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Also maybe it's time for you to find someone who will make you apart of their dreams.

Leave right there. "You're not anymore" *drops mic*

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

Ouch, damn right in the feels!