By stillloveherthough - 26/02/2016 17:54 - Germany - Aachen

Today, my girlfriend had a complete breakdown. I was trying to calm her down and reassure her that she will accomplish all of her dreams. Her response: "Then why am I even with you?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 327
You deserved it 2 026

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, let's not read too far into it since she was under emotional duress.

Comments

IssacB 14

"obviously bc I was your dreams babe." Boom. Smooth recovery

Well I'd probably break up with her after that because if I'm not part of what you thought your life would be like then I don't need you so bye

Don't worry too much about what she said during the breakdown. In the moment she was upset and hurt and very emotional and probably just lashed out at you since you were there. Perhaps she just wanted to hear it's normal to feel shit sometimes . Talk to her about what she wants when she has a breakdown.

kyu_Q 19

Its not ok to lash out at the people you care about even if you are angry or emotional. There are usually underlying factors that causes. OP should have a serious talk about the relationship since she seems to be usuing him as a place holder until she can do better.

WELP. At least you know how she really feels.

Looks like she accomplished them if her dreams were to be ruuuude.

Get rid of that scum. As far as I'm concerned you don't say that to the person that you love and if you let her use her emotions to get out of it than I'm sorry but you deserve it. She makes it sound like she settled for second best and I'm sure you can do better so if I was you I would move on and make life easier in the long run.

I'm sorry OP the comment your girlfriend made was very harsh. If it were me personally I would tell her it's over. Don't let anyone treat you like your second best.