By damnit - 03/02/2009 10:47 - United States

Today, my girlfriend asked me to get her new clothes. She's gone from a size 4 to a size 12 during our relationship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 605
You deserved it 13 621

Same thing different taste

Top comments

infantrygirl 0

@OP You shouldn't expect your SO to put in any more effort than you do. If you're chunky too then you're just as much at fault. @18 That makes him a borderline hypocrite. If he's going to complain about it he could at least buy healthy food for you and possibly work out with you.

Comments

lshtipmp_09 0

not to be mean, but a size 12 is not normal. it is overweight, unless your girlfriend is 6 feet tall. a size 4 is completely normal and by no means anorexic. if your girlfriend is around 5'4 or 5'5 (average height), then a size 4 would bring her to about 130-135 pounds. completely normal and healthy weight. in order to be underweight she would have to be less than 107 pounds (a size 0 would be a little loose). but who says that all underweight people are anorexic? some people just have faster metabolisms. don't be jealous because you're not a 4, be jealous because you are unhealthy and unattractive at a 12.

this. plus, it depends on the store and the designer. I have pants that range from size 8 to size 14--they all fit just fine.

I need to work this one out. A 4 over there is about a 6 here so a 12 is about a 14 give or take one size i think. So that's overweight yes. It depends how long the relationship's been going on, if she's put on that much in a month or something then FHL I'd be worried

Size 12 is the average size of an American woman in the present day. Just saying. Other famous 12's include Marilyn Monroe. No one thought she was ugly or fat.

****, check your facts. Marilyn monroewas a present day 2-4. Sizes were different back then because generally people were thinner.

Unless she is under 5 feet, that's normal. Please get a clue about normal and healthy body sizes. Thanks.

In Australia a size 12 is an average size... Size 4-find the childrens section! As it is I stared a relationship and put on weight-Unfortunately I had to leave my VERY active job to move and be with my partner and then couldnt get another one. Just when I started losing weight I got VERY sick and couldnt get out of bed for 4 months... More WEIGHT! I feel fat, I am fat but my partner supports me because of the things Ive gone through. We have joined a gym and we go there 3 times a week together. I am losing weight now THANKS TO THE SUPPORT OF MY LOVING WONDERFUL PARTNER!!

I'm a size 12. Well, in the US I'm a 10; but here it's a 12. I'm not fat. I don't look fat. I also have boobs and a bum, two (or three?) things I'm willing to bet your girlfriend didn't have when she was a size 4. So shut the **** up you shallow tit.

K I"m a size 2 and have an ass so don't go there. You're not special, don't act like it's normal.

Isn't it proven that bigger women are happier anyway or something? Like size 16s (England) are the happiest women?? I dunno, may not be true, but that's what I've heard.

Last year I dumped my bf because of several reasons, one of which he kept calling me fat and making fun of my weight (I'm male). Over the spring I got super sick and lost 30 pounds (putting me underweight for my age) and suddenly he thinks I'm more attractive. People who like others just because of their size should just be with other shallow people like them. People who expect women to look like the magazines and tv shows are unrealistic and idiotic.

**** you. It's probably from the emotional stress you put on her