Birthday blues

By Anonymous - 09/08/2020 17:01

Today, I turned 39 and I finally had my very first surprise birthday party. It was held by a group of video game animals in Animal Crossing instead of by real people, because I'm not important enough to them to remember my birthday without Facebook's intervention. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 426
You deserved it 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm having a really hard time feeling bad for you because the whole thing sounds so silly. I'm 65 and I've never had a surprise birthday party. Thank God. You're 39 and I think its time you grow up a bit and get over it. Not everyone thinks birthdays are a big deal. Sorry.

Ehh, some of the coolest people I know were meant online playing Runescape lol so it’s not a total loss

Comments

Ehh, some of the coolest people I know were meant online playing Runescape lol so it’s not a total loss

ojoRojo 27

Maybe they were just trying to social distance? Happy birthday!

I'm having a really hard time feeling bad for you because the whole thing sounds so silly. I'm 65 and I've never had a surprise birthday party. Thank God. You're 39 and I think its time you grow up a bit and get over it. Not everyone thinks birthdays are a big deal. Sorry.

Ditto, and even as a teen for my bday I maybe had a sleepover with a friend. Never had a surprise and didn't expect one. I also have no idea when a lot of my friends b-days are. Don't even know my Dad's or Father In Law's birthday... (Thank you Amazon for the 2 week reminder!) Same probably nowadays people don't remember phone numbers without their contacts list! 🥴 You'll live bro, Happy Birthday!

You sound like a child. I would think at 65 you would have grown up by now. I mean seriously? "That's not important to me so clearly it shouldn't be important to you either" seriously childish attitude. Ah well you still have time to become an adult. Good luck.

Man that sucks I get how much of a bummer it can be when something's important to you and you realize it may not be as important to the people around. you. Happy birthday. I don't know if it helps but no one's really remembered my birthday since I was 16 so I celebrate on my own. I take the day off work and I make it a me day. I'm turning 40 next month and I'm taking the whole week Viva La Jack you know.

The animals in Animal Crossing are way better than any stinking human! But happy birthday just the same.