By I did them anyway - 20/07/2015 22:01 - New Zealand

Today, my flatmate asked me to wash the large pile of dishes on the bench, and if I would start on cleaning the house which was a total mess. This would have been fine if I hadn't just walked in after being away for a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 031
You deserved it 2 180

Same thing different taste

Top comments

serslybro 20

Sounds like someone thinks you're a maid service... I would put it all in his bed. Lol

You did them anyway? Why? It's your roommates trash and your roommates problem. Make your roommate do it on their own, because it's their problem.

Comments

You should have tossed the dishes onto his bed and told him to wash them himself.

Tell the roommate to either clean up, or you will get cleaning services in and bill him for it. Don't just take this bs!

You should definitely put your foot down next time! Don't let people take advantage of you like that!

What's to say the OP didn't put her foot down?

put it in their room then enjoy watching them clean it all up

put it in their room and while they clean it up, put an add out for a new roommate!

Nobody seems to have addressed the question of whether or not you made the mess before you went away for a week. That's the line between FYL and YDI, and at present I don't know which side of the fence to step onto yet.

MrThump 16

Next time the place needs a clean make sure you remind them you had your turn last time even though you were away and you can get off the clean.

HighasaCloud 46

I know your pain OP. I used to live with someone who tried to con me into doing more than my fair share of work ever chance he got. He once told me he left what "looked like my dishes" out for me to clean from his load after we had already agreed that we would rotate dish duties. FYL.