By Xx_DEXIJOKER_xX - 12/11/2014 03:16 - United States - Spotswood

Today, my father picked me up from the police academy I'm attending, and got caught speeding. The officer was my drill instructor, and I had to do push-ups on the side of the highway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 093
You deserved it 5 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Breaking the law to get to your daughter that enforces the law. Way to go, dad.

Comments

you got ticketed and punished...that's a double dose...

HJKM_fml 19

The father was the one driving and speeding and HE was the one that got the ticket not OP. OP was the one who had to do pushups for his dad's mistake.

ostfaiz 18

It may never affect ur dads speeding habits, ur instructor seems to be generous kind!

doing pushups is better than your father getting a ticket. the DI showed your dad some courtesy, remember that when you stop someone's family member for speeding.

That's a load of crap. "Remember that when pulling over someone's family member"? Yeah preferential treatment for law enforcement and their family is awesome. OP's dad deserved to get a ticket (the FML does not clarify if he did or not) and OP certainly did not deserve to do pushups on the side of the highway for something s/he was in no control of.

All that does is teach the father that he can get away with speeding while his son is in the car because he won't be the one to get punished.

I agree on the preferential treatment, but no control over the situation is nonsense. Op is training to be a police officer, to handle exactly that kind of situation.

not every person that gets pulled over gets a ticket. it's called discretion.

Wait... Did your father got a ticket anyways? Because if the push ups were the only punishment, your dad owes you money...

Wow. Basic all over again. Now if only you could smoke ( physically correct.) your dad that would make it better

That kind of reminds me of a movie. The old lady farts and the dog runs out of the room. The old man looked at his friend and says "when maddam passes gas, we beat the dog"

You should've told your dad to not speed. You're going to the academy to do that in the future after all. But it's horrible luck that your instructor pulled you over of all people FYL

How do we know that he/she didn't tell their dad to slow down but got ignored?

What kind of police officer would you be, if you let yourself be ignored?

OhNoAGhost 18

Push-ups on the side of the highway? That doesn't sound very safe.