By ugh - 12/11/2014 03:31 - United States - Antioch

Today, my boyfriend of four years broke up with me over some rumors he heard about me. These rumors are from high-school, seven years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 239
You deserved it 3 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think he was just trying to find an excuse to break up with you. Because that right there is a load of BS.

They better be damn good rumours! But sorry for your troubles

Comments

****! I like shouting bad words, this is fun!

What the **** do you think you achieve other than the sighs of stupidity from this community when you write "Damn" as a first comment?

JMichael 25

What do you guys hope to achieve when you hassle people over not so acceptable first comments?

What does anyone hope to achieve when they write comments on here....

#17, You achieve immortality when you gain first comment. The rulers of the world will offer their daughters to you, and you will get a throne of gold.

Don't you love old rumours? *sarcasm intended.

#26, I imagined your comment in Gollum's voice.

#43 very accurate image of desperate first posters. "meeeeeeeeeee!"

They better be damn good rumours! But sorry for your troubles

what normal person wouldn't be like "hey I heard this, is it true?" I say that because my now fiance heard that I was ******* around (I wasnt) when we first got together. he didn't tell me he heard that until a year later. I'm glad he didn't believe it, so that's why I'm calling this an easy way out on the ex's part because clearly he didn't care enough to try and straighten things out. but it was high school. no one is the same person they were in high school. it's a silly excuse.

I think he was just trying to find an excuse to break up with you. Because that right there is a load of BS.

MzZombicidal 36

That's exactly what I thought. Either that, or he's just THAT insecure. In which case, OP dodged a bullet. Sorry ya wasted four years on the guy, OP. /:

Maybe he thought they were true? Still doesnt excuse the breaking up part. Even if the rumors were std ones it still doesnt excuse it. You might be better off.

And how exactly did he find out about these rumours?

I might be wrong, but maybe someone told him

To quote Neon Trees, it started with a whisper.

Yes but if he met someone from her high school recently, how bad was the rumour for the person to remember it? Now I'm wondering what it is..

He found out her nickname was finger cuffs.

you deserve better than someone like him anyway, I'm sorry op.

i hate how everyone says "you deserve better" ever think maybe they don't? it is plausible

It sounds like he still has the mentality of a high school boy. I also think he was just looking for an excuse.

Some people never quite make it past high school

Unless the rumour was that you killed your high school boyfriend, that's just crazy.