By dating a fucking idiot - 08/09/2012 19:16 - United States

Today, my father bet me $200 that since my boyfriend is "such a stupid shit," he wouldn't be able to locate Paraguay on a map. I gladly accepted the bet. Not only did he not know where it is, he actually accused us of making the country up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 893
You deserved it 13 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

6 some people don't know where it is, doesn't mean you have to call them idiots. It's not like you were born and you already knew the whole map

Psych101 9

I'm pretty sure anyone with a decent education knows where it is. At the very least they should know that it exists.

Comments

It's not fair to call someone stupid for not knowing where a country is. What you know is very closely related to what you're interested in. I could tell you ten million things about the Culinary world, which you wouldn't know unless you were interested in it as well. However, if you asked me about current events... I wouldn't be able to tell you much. I don't know how Obama and Romney are doing in the elections, I don't know how the financial situation in Europe is. (The last one was a half lie, I do know some of it, but only through my family) Why don't I know? Because I'm not really interested in it. Yeah, it's a pretty good idea to actually learn about the world you live in, but still. Not knowing the location of a country does not make you stupid.

Julie_Defixe 6

My friend thought that South Korea was South Carolina.

I can name 125/194 countries within 15 minutes.

Unicorntails 7

I'm 12, and I know where it is..

can anyone tell me where east timor is? or Brunei? or kosovo? those are random... not Paraguay.

Ins0mau 20

It depends where you're from. For example East Timor is our neighbour here in Australia and we have had troops fighting there. However, Paraguay is on he other side of the world and we don't have much to do with it. It depends a lot on your perspective in the world.

when I was in the 8th grade, my social studies teacher told me to locate new mexico on a map of the united states. I said, but Mexico isn't pictured here. I didn't know New Mexico was a state. now THAT is stupid, even for being..how old was I, 13,14? and living in Louisiana. :P

What does living in Louisiana have to do with the lack of knowledge of where somewhere is?

Louisiana is pretty close to new Mexico. close enough for me to know about it, yet I had no idea it existed.

Yeah, I'd like to apologize for my comment. I was dead tired when I asked and misunderstood at the time.^^; It's rare I run into other people from Louisiana on the net. Thank you for answering kindly, though. c:

I live in America, so quite honestly I just don't care to learn about irrelevant places like "Paraguay"

I'm guilty of never hearing of that country as well. ._.