By probablyadopted1 - 04/05/2016 16:39 - United States - Houston

Today, my family savagely mocked me to the point of tears, all for using "big", "fancy" words like "accommodations" and "hospitality". FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 385
You deserved it 1 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

look at all the big fancy accomodations that you require in order to function. the hospitality is unfathomable.

Comments

So pull out the biggest most complicated insult word you can muster and tell them it's a compliment. See if you can start getting them to use it to describe themselves.

It seems like your family is a couple of extremely cumbersome tentacles...

notoriousbob 11

Luckily for me most of my family doesn't speak english.

Is it sad I can relate to this? I don't really use big words as much but if I do the slightest thing wrong, my mother calls me 'stupid'. My father is usually nice and approachable but whenever my mother does this, he sides with her. Like most parents do, they always talk about each little mistake I do at every event/gathering/party that I'm actually brought to the point of tears where I lose the will to live. I don't understand it, if parents want a better child, why don't they raise theirs like a better parent?

My family does the same, so I definitely feel you there.

I can't help but read this in an obvious hick accent. Seriously, though, they should learn better words.