By probablyadopted1 - 04/05/2016 16:39 - United States - Houston

Today, my family savagely mocked me to the point of tears, all for using "big", "fancy" words like "accommodations" and "hospitality". FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 385
You deserved it 1 474

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

look at all the big fancy accomodations that you require in order to function. the hospitality is unfathomable.

Comments

Time to start adding proper redneck vernacular into your lexicon. Accommodations becomes: Roomin' places what take your money. And hospitality becomes: Down-home country welcome. Also ignorant jackasses now becomes: Kinfolk.

You seem to be a very mockable person if things like this can bring you to tears.

The hell? My parents are glad I use large words because it means my education is paying off!

They're just jealous they're hicks. Don't let get to you, OP.

There's no shame in being smart and they're giving you credit for it, even if they believe it to be shameful. I sent a long text to my in-laws once that I knew would make them mad at me, but they were mad at my whole family instead, because they didn't believe I was smart enough to compose it on my own. Don't cry; shove it in their faces.

How cruel of them! That's no way any person, let alone, family member should treat you. You deserve so much better than that!

Well, I'm sure that maybe they aren't quite as well spoken/ articulate as you. Don't let anyone upset you over being more good learned, ya hear? Lol. I use big girl words too, but that's bc I got in trouble a lot in school and had to write out, word by word mind you, the words and definitions in Webster's dictionary.

I know how this feels, my family is like this alot too. ignore it, ignore them when they try to talk to you, they get annoyed when you won't acknowledge them. Revenge is fun. Time to avenge yourself from the defeat.

My family would do that too! :P I'm also from Texas.

Mortoli 30

you cried? just laugh at them and tell them bet you dont even know what those words mean. huh? lol best response be the bigger d!ck than they can be. just sayin. lol