By BlueSteele220 - 22/03/2016 08:57 - United States - Coppell

Today, my family got mad at me for eloping and not inviting them to my wedding. Even though they admitted they wouldn't have gone anyway. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 512
You deserved it 1 935

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They shouldn't be mad at you if you didn't invite them to an event that they didn't even want to go to. Congratulations!

Some people are like that. Make sure they know what they said. Sorry about that OP.

Comments

Well that's their fault then, and remind them of that. Why would you consider people who aren't even considerate enough of you to attend and support you on such a joyous occasion. They seem entitled, wanting to be thought of even though they put in no effort themselves, and complaining, even after they expressly said they weren't going to go.

I bet you were really really good looking in that wedding tux . They wouldn't have been able to handle it .

Reihna_fml 14

Have a happy life and don't worry about them. They would have ruined your wedding day.

I know the feeling, except mine came to the very small wedding. Still 6 years later and they still can't acknowledge that we are married for the long term

Sounds like your family sucks hope his family is better

Enjoy married life :), dont let them ruin your day. Parents dont always understand. Sorry to hear either way.

My mom didn't acknowledge me at my wedding at all, except to yell at me to "cut the cake already" so she could go home. She didn't tell me I looked pretty. She didn't smile once. She was the first to leave. Maybe it's better that people like that didn't have a chance to make your wedding day less special! Congrats, OP.

tabypatchkid 11

I thought my mom was bad.. we had a small wedding in the back yard that my mother in law set up for us. While we were saying our vows she said it was the ugliest thing she'd seen and she kept making comments about every little thing. I thibk you're right. its best not to have people there that are just going to be jerks.

Is your name a Supernatural reference?

I was thinking more along the lines of Zoolander

The Blue Steel ref in SPN was a reference to Zoolander, haha. You're both right.

they are probably just mad because they felt you were being inconsiderate by eloping and not inviting them to a wedding. Sorry OP. Just ignore their comments and congratulations!