By Anon - 06/09/2015 12:50 - United Kingdom - Stafford

Today, my ex-fiancée's new boyfriend phoned me to ask what her ring size is. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 857
You deserved it 1 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Oh her ring size? **** you. Thats the size". Hopefully you gave him hell. He could've gotten her ring size from anyone; he asked you to purposely get under your skin. Try to shake it off :(

Comments

UhHuhHoney 20

should've told him a ring size that's like 3 sizes too small

Nope, should have done a ring size too big. She'll get more mad if she thinks that he thought she had fatter fingers

It's cheaper to get a ring sized down than sized up, so if he bought a ring 3 sizes too small, he would have to pay more to make it bigger again.

It'd be funnier if her finger was fatter than the ring.

It would be funnier if her fingers were fatter than the ring

"Oh her ring size? **** you. Thats the size". Hopefully you gave him hell. He could've gotten her ring size from anyone; he asked you to purposely get under your skin. Try to shake it off :(

I agree with everything, but the 'could've gotten her ring size from anyone' part. He's proposed to her previously, so OP would most assuredly know; and maybe it's just me, but a person's ring size isn't really common knowledge.

nonsensical 26

I'll be honest, I don't even know my own ring size...

I can understand why you feel that way. Whenever I was anxious about getting engaged and ready for marriage, I told my boyfriend the size and my closest friends my size in case he came to them asking. As for OP, he could have taken one of her rings and had it sized. Maybe it's me, but whenever you're discussing marriage, ring size comes up at some point with the topic of what kind of engagement rings you're interested in. And hey, there's nothing wrong with not knowing your size ;)

"Here's the ring size .....to my middle finger!"

Hope you gave the asshole the wrong size.

I hope he gave her asshole's ring size......?

It might've made sense for him to have gotten the number from the girl or perhaps mutual friends.

Telling him the truth would be the nice thing. Telling him a wrong size might be more satisfying.

you watch too much tv. just because something is hard doesn't mean it's right. responding to evil people with kindness doesn't make you a good person, it just makes you a smug doormat and invites more mistreatment in the future because they know you won't fight back.

Misswildsides 22

I would have given him the wrong size to screw everything up.

He could just get it resized though, that's not an issue

Misswildsides 22

Yeah, but just knowing that would give them an "oh shit" moment when attempting to put on the ring is enough for me to be satisfied.

And would presumably cost him extra money!

Having it resized to a bigger one would have the cost of the material and labor put into. But unless it was super small compared to her real ring size it wouldn't cost to much.

Hey,I moderated this! But that sucks OP. i would suggest a dick move, but that would be that probably isn't the right way to go about it.