By Anonymous - 16/06/2013 16:14 - South Africa - Johannesburg

Today, my estranged father, with whom I haven't spoken in years, called me and demanded to know where his Father's Day gift was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 561
You deserved it 3 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Say it's in the same place as all your lost birthday and holiday presents from him

Tell him its up his ass if he wants to be so rude.

Comments

imtooshy 18

Tell him it's at the morgue and see if the deadbeat needs assistance getting there.

I think the reasoning on you two not talking gives the point that you didn't expect to hear from him...

olpally 32

I'd be like, "just be glad I even answered the phone on Father's Day, you inconsiderate jackass for a father." And hang up. :)

Wizardo 33

Tell him you're searching for it along with all the ***** you give and the ***** he gave whilst being out of touch with you...

hardwoodfloors 8

Ask him where all your birthday presents are

SynysterNero 20

That's when you go off on him. Make him realize what a piece of shit he is.

Tell him to pull his head out his arse long enough to look at what a crap father he is, and maybe he'll get one. :3

Did you demand to know where he's been in the last several years?

Medd_fml 13

Maybe that was his way of trying to open up a dialog? yeah, it was poorly executed, but maybe you two should try to patch things up.

Just asking, has he been paying for your support for these estranged years?

You honestly think paying to support the child you made is being a father? You make them, you pay to provide for them. There's a lot more to being a parent than paying bills. I sincerely hope you are sterile.

I'm the op the FML was reworded and resubmitted but I was a junior in high school (but he wasn't really a father before that) when he walked out. He was an alcoholic who spent all my mom's money. Due to the fact that my mom makes more money and that where I live is a no fault divorce state if she were to divorce him she would lose the house. I haven't talked to him in years and he called all my sisters and I complaining about his lack of Father's Day gifts. I just laughed and hung up. I celebrated Father's Day with my wonderful mom who actually raised me.