By Braced - 21/02/2010 05:14 - United States

Today, my dad and I were shovelling snow off the roof. I told him I was going to jump off the roof. He told me to go ahead, so I did. He failed to tell me that the snow was packed and wouldn't break my fall. I now have an injured back. He didn't tell me because he didn't think I would actually do it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 108
You deserved it 38 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Win! Your dad probably assumed you had brains!

RedSnappah 0

Comments

ydi for being american. canadians know when the snow is dangerous :D

tb15 0

I tootally agree with what your talking aboot, eh.

Lee002 8

why the **** would you jump off a roof this isn't jackass retard

Who the **** jumps off a roof, even into a pile of snow?

hillbillie_girl 3

thats your own damn fought for jumpin

It was still a foolish thing to do. On another note, your dad needs a reality check — an absence of parenting means that he, in fact, really isn't a parent at all. Negligence and endangerment aren't exactly good personality traits for a potential parent either.

Maybe OP was a whiney attention seeking daughter who always threatens things for attention - in which case maybe not rewarding her with attention is the best course of action. And wanting to jump off a roof in the cold whether or not there is a pile of snow is stupidity beyond reason. Even if she didn't realise snow = ice = hard she should have known snow = ice = slippery And it would have been a fun day at the hospital. What happened to you? "I jumped off the roof onto a hunk of snow because I thought it would be soft like in movies and totally unlike the slippery hard mess everything is now"

janise 2

I don't think her dad is negligent at all. It seems to me that what happened is they were talking and joking around and the OP said something that anyone with any sense would think is a joke. So her dad (most likely joking) told her to go ahead and do it thinking she wasn't actually being serious. Quite frankly, if your parents assume you're actually stupid enough to jump off a roof then you need to reevaluate your life thus far.

why would u jump off a roof? everyone knows that u shouldn't jump off a roof, snow in a big pile won't help ur fall.

Goalies_Girl_ 0

That is funny but I've done that too it really does hurt!!

adam_1684 0