By myl1f3isfuct - 11/07/2013 00:15 - United States

Today, my college English teacher told me if I wanted an explanation for my grade I would have to schedule a conference to come to her office. It's an online class. I took an online class because I can't come in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 415
You deserved it 4 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ThatGuyWhoTalks 10

Add each other on skype and conference call that shit

cottoncandymango 17

Well played by your professor, well played.

Comments

perdix 29

Face it, it is probably for the best. When you ask for an explanation of a grade, all you are going to hear is that you are more stupid and vapid than you feared.

vegeta77 4

It's a teacher trick to get rid of lazy, complaining students. Whiners are the worst.

Spring2013Bio 3

YDI, taking an online class does not mean you will never have to go (meeting w/the professor, taking a final etc). I took an online class and when I needed to sort something out, I met w/the professor. Plus whats the harm in scheduling an appointment? Just tell them a time when you are free.

File a complaint with the school. The professor has a professional responsibility to the students, and cannot dismiss you because you can't come in.

Actually, it's against the law for teachers to discuss students' grades online because of security issues. It's the OP's responsibility to find a time that she can conference with the teacher, even if she has to rearrange her schedule to do it. Part of growing up is learning to adapt to situations. Did she think she'd be able to spend her whole life in front of a computer?

She gave you a D because she wants the D.

Email the teacher and ask him/her to work out an alternative. If that fails, copy the exchange to the department chair and dean of students, and ask them the same. When online classes are allowed, online consults should be, too.

Not necessarily. It could be a privacy/security issue...

POnline courses do not mean you never have to physically present at campus. I took online courses but still had to physically present for purchasing books, exams and meetings with the teacher. Welcome to the real world. Not everything can be conducted in pajamas from your couch. Schedule a meeting at a time that works for both of you.

It's not the instructor's fault. It's a little thing called FERPA. Per this law, we are legally unable to discuss student grades via e-mail or phone. If a student wants to discuss the specifics of a grade, they must come by in person. It's the law.