By Anonymous - 18/05/2016 05:55 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my cat refuses to drink from any source of water that isn't the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 773
You deserved it 1 651

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Crazy Product Idea #251: Cat water bowl that is shaped like a toilet. Cats like to drink from water that's moving. There's bowls that cycle the water, maybe try that?

Comments

Some cats can't drink water that's too close too their food source. Try moving it's water dish maybe?

push him in, close the lid. squeeze some dish soap in and let him agitate awhile. then give it 5 or 6 flushes and voila a clean cat AND he will be wary of the toilet for a good long time.

I had a cat like that too!! He also used to dive into the bathtub with my 2 year old at the time!! He was part goofy I think lol

My cat has never expressed a desire to drink from the toilet--probably because I keep the lid down when I'm not using it. As someone else suggested, maybe get a fountain for your cat and see if s/he'll drink from that.

Just walk up quietly and flush it while they're drinking.

snarkytruth 37

Sure , it'll just walk up quietly and shit on your pillow while you're sleeping. Cats don't play around if you piss them off.

moosetracks22 10

Move your cat's water away from its food. Cats don't like drinking near where they eat. Also, invest in a fountain or turn on the faucet for your cat, they like cool moving water. you can also try putting ice cubes in the water. Finally close the lid to prevent your cat from getting in the toilet.

Jenbearish 23

So in the wild, stagnant water usually means disease/bacteria. Cats don't normally seek out much water in the wild because the get hydrated from the blood of their prey, but when they do, it needs to be moving. The processed diet that we feed cats now means that if they don't get enough water they get kidney/bladder problems. Get your cat a pet fountain, put it on a timer, change the water once a day, and your cat will definitely be healthier for it.

graceinsheepwear 33

Cats like moving water. Get a cat bubbler. They have many varieties starting at $20 and up.

My cat refuses to drink from any source of water that isn't the cup I'm drinking out of.