By Anonymous - 17/12/2010 17:30 - United States

Today, my car heater finally died. I deliver pizzas. In Alaska. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 242
You deserved it 4 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouuch. I live in Alaska too (Fairbanks). Not good when the weather's -40! I hope you get it fixed soon haha

Comments

con1303 0

YDI for not fixing the heater before it broke. You said "finally" which indicates you knew something was wrong. And the heater is part of the cooling system on the car so you had better have that checked out since you obviously cannot take care of your car yourself.

perdix 29

Yeah, the "finally" part struck me as odd, too. Had your heater been fighting a long battle with blower cancer, or what?

MuchDance90s 0

he's a pizza delivery guy .... and it's expensive to fix cars .... is it really a mystery why it wasnt fixed

I agree with 11, if OP thought the heater was gonna die soon, he should have fixed it. so YDI.

Of course it's expensive to fix cars, but a heater? What does heater hose cost, like $1 a foot? There aren't that many things that can go wrong with a car heater system, and they're all pretty simple to fix. It's a radiator, two hoses, a valve and a fan. I'd have thought that the risk you take driving around in 40 below without one would be so huge, it'd take priority over everything else.

iamelrebel 0

here's a solution... Get the **** out of Alaska

how can your heater die without your whole care dying? The heat comes from the heat produced by the running engine. unless you've got some crappy electric thing ....

His blower probably just went out. Mine did in my old car and my car ran just fine I just was freezing my a** off! I live in Alaska also I'm sorry OP:(

Kacey Mae! hey lady, haven't seen you since the AK Club, heard you got married! go figure, AK is so unpopulated that I'd recognize another poster. lol. this is Beth Schwartz, btw.

perdix 29

Stick your hands in the cheese to keep them warm. Don't expect tips.

KingDingALing 9

Stick your penis inside the pizza holder bag. Save your dick so that it doesn't get frostbite and then have to get amputated. Nothing is worse then having your dick cut off.

perdix 29

I see an Andy Samberg/Justin Timberlake follow-up song based on this!

Just wondering but do you know this from experience, kingdingaling?

vanessaaaa_fml 0

YDI because out of all places too live why Alaska !?

amazing how you judge us for living in alaska , when you know nothing about up here. no matter where you go your going to have vehicle trouble. alaska is not blizzards and -600 outside with everybody wrapped up in jackets big enough to cover a car. seriously... stop watching all the movies and experience it yourself, or shut up.

depending where in Alaska he lives it could be -40 or 50 degrees above zero. Alaska is more than twice the size of Texas and is also larger than many countries on this little planet

Because Alaska is awesome? Seriously..it may be freezing in the winter but the summers are nice and warm. Plus the state is gorgeous and it's always interesting and surprising you. Just the other day I had a moose staring at me through my window. I can watch the Northern Lights from my room. I love it here

soldier4life_88 0

I agree with you... if you have a choice in the matter get the hell outta that state... the winters AND summers suck up here... the army has had me up here for three years... happy I'm about to leave!!!

spanelli 16