By ohcrap - 11/12/2009 00:28 - United States

Today, my boyfriend, who's a bit older than me, introduced me to his daughter. I was expecting a toddler. Nope, she's a year older than me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 370
You deserved it 40 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you're still trying to convince yourself he's only "a bit older"?

Comments

A bit? Your boyfriends a pedophile and you have daddy issues

I don't see how you got any of this out that, and being that "pedophile" means being attracted to children 3-12, and being six or more years older, I don't think he's a pedophile. And I don't think we would know if she has daddy issues either. ... do you always talk out of your asshole or just sometimes?

#14 You should never assume things about people you don't know... just saying

l2izwan 0

And by bit she means "old enough to be my ******* father."

OohAah01 0

I'm 43 and up 'til now have been thinking that I shouldn't be hitting on girls who are young enough to be my daughter. Thanks for broadening my dating horizons. :-/

perdix 29

OohAah, I'm in the same boat as you, but I had my kid relatively late in life. I wouldn't want to date a girl who is my ACTUAL daughter's age, but I could go for one who is my POSSIBLE daughter's age.

fedex2204 0

#11, congrats to your grandparents. I am dating a man that is 19 years older than me. No daddy issues, and I am of legal age. It is just a number after all. Two people can fall in love at any age and be perfectly happy together. So everyone saying that "he" is a pedophile and "she" has issues needs to learn a little something.

the question is, when does it start to be awkward?! im dating a guy, who i thought is just 7 years older than i am... and i was shocked when he told me its 17 years...

i agree but its just all in different opinions

I'm in the exact same situation as you, actually. Same age difference and everything. And I completely agree with you.

fangirlofthings 21

It becomes awkward when you make it awkward.

Either your boyfriend became a father at age 13 or you've been lying to yourself about how much older than you he really is. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with dating a man old enough to be your father.

bittersweets 2

Wow you communicate with your boyfriend a lot, don't you? Wouldn't most people ask for further information if their partner told them they had a child?

So he's older. Has an older daughter. did the earth stop rotating because of this? this isn't an FML ... more like MLIA.

AntiChrist7 0

Girls only love (older) assholes. YDI

I'd rather say **** his daughters life. Sure, it'll feel awkward for you but think how it feels for her.