By GAGirl1 - 01/05/2014 21:29 - United States

Today, my boyfriend told me he wanted to drive to India. Thinking he meant Indiana, I said sure, knowing I have friends there. He said, "Bangladesh, India, here we come!" He was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 041
You deserved it 7 223

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey India could be fun! Just try not to get lost or kidnapped. Of course I don't know how you'll drive across the ocean but, meh, thats all just logistics

Comments

Tell him it was a mistake and that you misheard him if he hasn't already booked the flight, if he already booked it send me a postcard.

Well he wouldn't book a flight. He clearly said he wants to drive.

Also I don't know how he could have booked a flight to Bangladesh, India considering that Bangladesh and India are two different countries.

My only suggestion is to take a plane to at least Europe first, but after that let him drive till his heart is content.

Samster2000 9

From Europe? That's still going to be a hell of a lot of driving, especially to find out Bangladesh hasn't been a part of India for over 65 years. But to go to Bangladesh, you would surely want to fly to China first.

LostInTheZone11 29

Do you happen to own the Lotus Esprit from James Bond?

Might as well have some fun. Visit the Taj Mahal in India! It's awesome.

He sounds very adventurous! But still, India all of a sudden? I mean, that's totally alright, but what a random choice in country. Or is it? I could only think that because I've never met anyone who has wanted to go to India.

The alarming thing is that he thinks Bangladesh is a city in India, as opposed to a completely different country. Also the fact that he genuinely believes he can drive there. Not adventurous.

Thank you #45, I was hoping someone would mention that eventually... As for your boyfriend; he must be, hopefully, amazingly good looking, adventurous definitely, but so stupid.

He may have meant Bangalore and misspoke, but given that he thinks one can drive from the U.S. to India, I'm not so sure. Or maybe he wants to drive to Bangladesh and then India, Either way, hope your boyfriend has an amphibious car or your trip may end pretty quickly.

thelamestplace 8

I choose to ignore the fact that he's kind of an idiot and go for the bright side: you don't have to drive to Indiana. As someone who lived there, I can tell you that it sucks. It's the lamest place in the world. You should also teach your boyfriend a little geography. And that cars can't drive across the ocean.

I'm from Indiana and when I get on omegle and things like that you have no idea how many people mistake Indiana for India.

Why not? It is right next to us! And you should know that getting to India from Bangladesh isn't tough! Loads of people are doing that and our govt gives them citizenship! :D

The only way his plan could be dumber would be if he actually wanted to drive to India from the west.... through Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan etc.

Good thing he has a wife! This way she'll watch if he does anything out of the ordinary, like driving his car into the ocean lets just say. ;D