By Username - 14/04/2011 06:59

Today, my boyfriend punched a hole in a door. This is on top of the broken handle, cracked sink top, dented fridge, and other holes in the wall he has also made. We are 4 months into our year lease. I don't think we are getting our $720 deposit back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 672
You deserved it 18 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kinga08 0

I think you have more serious things to worry about than getting back a $720 deposit. You have an extremely violent boyfriend that can't control his anger. I'd be more concerned about that.

sourgirl101 28

Tick tock tick tock- Soon it will be you he comes after. Learn the signs. He obviously can't control his anger.

Comments

Hey, I'm single, I don't hit household appliances and break things and I'm looking for a girl friend who likes to post things on FML about her boyfriends. message mee! Joke.

don't listen to all these ignoramuses telling you to leave him. your boy is obviously tough as nails and will protect you when you are threatened on the street. even if another dude looks at you wrong, they will get hulk smashed!

Sadieladean 0

on the other hand.... if she pisses him off, she herself will get "hulk smashed"

this seems like an easy solution: don't piss him off.

choirnerd9 0

And then what, live in fear of pissing him off? There will be times he will be pissed off, even without her. It's inevitable. Also, he has to learn that he can't just do that shit when he gets mad. I think she should try to work things out first, but the next time it happens she needs to get the **** out.

kkay_soccergirl 0

43- so your saying don't piss him off or he will hit you. ummm I'm sorry but that still doesn't sound like a women should be getting the piss beaten out of them because they pissed the husband/boyfriend. sorry but no

man, he sounds like a winner. don't tell me, you're one of those women who try to explain it away when they are covered in bruises, right?

just be glad your boyfriend isn't chuck norris. you wouldn't have a home then.

Maybe he's just a very clumsy but passionate karate student that likes to practice at home!

new house rule: bubble wrap hands. should cut down on damage and everyone loves bubble wrap, maybe it will settle him down a peg or two

lmaoatall 6

I would sleep with one eye open if I were you. if you find yourself in trouble and can't exit the home, I find if you barricade yourself in the tub with a mattress helps form pending attack. well, maybe not so much for you. he'll probably Taz right through that shit.

I think you need to get away from this guy soon. what happens when there's nothing else to damage ? you could be next.

kikuhoshi 5

Get out now. He is violent, and things *will* worsen, and he *will* go for you. I had an ex who originally thought I was his world, and I believed him when he said he'd never do anything to hurt me... I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that the pain he caused me (both mentally and physically) was not my fault. I didn't, don't, and never deserve any type of abuse, and neither do you. Break the lease, leave, and do NOT let him tell you he'll never hit you, because then it will turn into "It was only one time", and that goes into "It's your fault I did this". If you're worried about what he'll do to you, or your family... They'd rather see you alive&healthy than dead or in the hospital. Also, it doesn't matter what he's getting mad over - he has anger issues. Even if he's trying to fix something, the fact that he gets so angry with it that he's willing to break it says a lot. Even if it's frustrations with work/the lack thereof, or the neighbor down the hall being too loud, there is no reason for him to be breaking things for which you paid. GET OUT. You don't deserve that at all. He will not change that side of himself. He IS like that, he is NOT different, I DO know what you're going through to a degree, and leaving IS an option, no matter what (even if you don't feel like it is due to the lease; if you need to, leave at night, taking the bare minimum. If there's only one car and it's his, take the bus or have a friend waiting outside, so that he can't get you for stealing it). Just *leave*. TL;DR: GET OUT. SERIOUSLY. GO. NOW.

ReynshineCutting 10

I didn't even bother reading your whole comment because in the first 2 lines you were stereotyping. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but there's no way to know that he'll turn on her. Not all violent guys beat their women. There's probably more to OPs story than we know, since there's such a small limit on how much you can post.

Tell him to hit home depot and get shit fixed and man up while hes at it