By NeedALittleRoomToBreathe - 20/05/2017 02:00

Today, after having set up a date with a wonderful guy who seems to really like me, I caught a cold. I have also lost most of my voice because of it, so I now sound like an angry, deranged goose when I talk. This will be the first time he meets me in person. So much for a good first impression. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 661
You deserved it 372

Same thing different taste

Top comments

milford_mom 3

No stress. I met my husband at a bar when I had a sore throats and sounded like an 80 year old male smoker. And things ended up great for us!!

So? Just text him and explain you have a bad cold. It sucks, but it happens and dates are postponed all the time.

Comments

milford_mom 3

No stress. I met my husband at a bar when I had a sore throats and sounded like an 80 year old male smoker. And things ended up great for us!!

So? Just text him and explain you have a bad cold. It sucks, but it happens and dates are postponed all the time.

If he likes you even when you sound like an angry deranged goose, then he's surely a keeper. This is the best test to see if he truly is wonderful.

I don't know, if you ask me, it was a very good first impression of an angry deranged goose.

It sounds like you should rest your voice anyway. Either reschedule or just don't talk when you meet. You can do that whole writing a note to talk thing, I'm sure that will be better for the meeting and for your voice.

Druu 53

Two options: (1) explain the situation and ask to postpone the date; (2) explain the situation and go on the date anyway. In the latter, you can either speak or be all cutesy with a whiteboard.

Lucky O'Guin 18

If he's a good guy, he'll understand.

GamerGirl- 5

eww, why would you want to give a potential boyfriend your cold anyway? if it was me i would have to rearrange! ?

Make sure you sit right next to him and whisper. It'll be very sexy.

I had lost my voice when I went on a first date. We have been married for 8 and 1/2 years and been together 9 1/2 years.