By Anonymous - 09/11/2011 01:20 - United States

Spicy
Today, my boyfriend drove me home. I mentioned how I had recently started my period and he freaked out, saying I would "leak" through my tampon onto his seat. He made me sit on towels all the way home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 657
You deserved it 6 541

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell him he's gonna have to wear three condoms because he might "leak" through the first

Comments

perfectT_fml 0

It's not that bad sitting on towels.

sighawkward 6

But the point is that he has no idea and is ignorant! The towels are not necessary and he needs to be educated if he thinks the towels are needed!

-face palm- The towels aren't the problem...the dumbass insensitive boyfriend is the problem...

Sometimes towels are necessary. Especially if the first few days are really heavy, tampons and pads can leak. If he had one experience with a girl like that who can blame him for not wanting to scrub off someone's uterus blood off his car upholstery again.

But it's not up to the boyfriend to decide if the towels are necessary. He doesn't know what's going on between her legs. In 99.99% of cases, it would not be necessary. This is about as condescending as a guy can be to a girl.

Daralla or however you spell your name because I'm not scrolling back up, if you have this problem, you should change your equipment more often or get a different brand. I have literally NEVER had a leak in the over 14 years I've dealt with mother nature's cruel joke.

OP's boyfriend must have a death wish or something. Provoking menstruating women like that is generally ill-advised...

I think this is a good time to evaluate your relationship with this man-child.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She could also have shot him in the face, but she didn't - so let's compromise here people and make her a saint! Your logic makes no sense.

'but I prefer not to have blood all over my car' I bet we all do, sugar pie, but you do know how tampons work, right? They are made especially for sucking up blood and believe me, if the tampon is full and you start to leak, you can feel it very clearly. Everyone with a penis shouldn't decide what a girl needs to do when she has her period. We are more experienced with it.

But tampons do leak sometimes. If it hasn't happened to you ever, I'd be shocked and feel you should count your lucky stars. And even though you're able to feel it leak clearly... By then, it'll be too late. I do think the boyfriend overreacted. Maybe he did have someone's tampon leak in his car before. Not all girls take care of themselves and change them when needed.(:

Enslaved lots of women wear panty liners or even pads with their tampons and even all the time for that matter

I agree, cinderella.(: but some girls do that because tampons /sometimes/ leak. Tampons can be useless, unless used properly. I did say, I think the boyfriend overreacted. This FML made me want to sing Shania Twain's- That Don't Impress me Much. Where the guy kisses his car goodnight. Lol

Iknoweverything 29

Enslaved, tampons rarely leak more than to stain a woman's pants. I'm pretty sure that she could have said something before it got through the pants. Or have you actually managed to accidentally go around staining people's furniture with period blood?

'But tampons do leak sometimes.' (I advise to all the guys here to neglect my post and continue their happy lives) Yes, tampons can leak. But only when it's time to change them, and if you often (like 8 times a day) need to change, you're just using tampons that aren't big enough. I can feel it when I start to leak, yeah, and I have plenty of time (like 30 minutes) to change. Then there might be some little drops in my underpants, but that's definitely not going through my pants/skirt, and I'm not going to die from it.

leadman1989 15

Luckily he didn't tie you to the roof or make you stick your ass out the window... No seriously your life is SO awesome that THIS is your FML? Sitting on towels so you don't ruin someone's seats?

FYLDeep 25

Actually I was just moderating through some FMLs and I read one about some girl who was on a sleepover at her friends house and perioded all over her friend's bed, straight through the sheets, and into the mattress. Moral of the story, "it never hurts to be prepared". Remember that.

Lol. When I really REALLY need to, I sleep with a towel underneath me. ^_^ Better to be safe than sorry.

karmaslave 5

If you're having that kind of issue while on your period, you're doing it wrong.

RedPillSucks 31

"Perioded". The new attack verb.... *Put all the money in this bag, or Imma period you!* *Jack was perioded by Jill when he continued his sexual advances*

FYLDeep 25

Which is exactly why I made that word up. I thought it sounded funny. I figured the people who saw it the same way I did are the ones I'm writing these comments for anyway.

leadman1989 15

Good thing he didn't tie you to the roof or make you stick your ass out the window... Towels are soft and comfy anyway.

MwahFMLS 6

Lol I tried so long to think of something funny to say but I fail. Sorry about that OP, let's see how many thumbs down this comment will get..

Some people put a lot of effort into buying and maintaining a nice car, and to have a stain on the seat would be like Jesus coming back and then getting shot in the head from some satanist to a Christian.

Atleast hé didn't ask you to sit on a bucket.