By sarahc_c - 08/12/2014 09:17

Today, my boss commented on the fact that I don't usually wear makeup, then told me it would be much appreciated if I'd change that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 123
You deserved it 3 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CallMeWindSock 24

Comments

raeepressley 12

If you're in Canada or the US, it's actually against workplace labour laws for a boss to ask you to wear makeup.

Miscellanonymous 8

That's discrimination. totally can take that to hr.

I'm sorry but that's not discrimination at all

Tell him it's a pity that guys don't wear make up, he could definitely use them

That sucks OP. However, in most workplaces it is kind of expected for a woman (assuming you're female) to wear make-up. That depends on your job though. Also, that's just the policy for most companies in Australia.

It depends on the job: if you sell cosmetics you probably should.

How freaken Rude! Too bad he can't go without wearing his face!

I bet he knows HR pretty well....and loves the show Mad Men.

kimppp 1

This is VERY sexist. Those of you who don't think it is are ignorant and misinformed. A man would NEVER be asked to wear makeup. Anyone who asks you to do that should be fired, and then carefully explained about rights, and that women and men have the right to be free from offensive comments like that. This is sexual harassment. The boss (who is statistically likely to be a man, since unfairly represent positions of power, and are more likely to recommend makeup) is an ignorant ass who is calling OP ugly. Uncalled for, rude, and SUPER SEXIST. Get informed.

Tell him it would be much appreciated if he kept his dumb ass, sexist opinions to himself