By Ashleighx94 - 05/07/2011 00:00 - United Kingdom

Today, my bedridden mother called me selfish. After an operation two weeks ago, all I've done is feed her, clean her and the house every day. She called me selfish because I couldn't lift a TV into her room. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 133
You deserved it 2 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Start doing nothing for her until she can appreciate your hard work.

bigmanj28 0

incapable and selfish are 2 different things

Comments

Get a plasma TV. They are easy to carry.

pan1cked 0

she is milking her "anguish." if she says you're selfish now, just ignore her completely for a few hours. she'll realize she ****** up.

not being able to do things for yourself is very frustrating.. I'm sorry she isn't more thankful.. but she will be when she can do more on her own.

Lawbynature 0

here's what you do...... don't go by for about two weeks. then go and see her ask her if she still feels like you was selfish for being incapable of doing something. if she still can't appreciate you then leave her be and she can die knowing she left the world being a bitch to you.

theonlysweetpea 10

#48 She might not be My mother was bedridden for 2 months

maybe take her a laptop and some dvds, or she could watch tv online, iplayer 4od etc...

Tell your mother that from now on, she can do all that stuff you did, since you are selfish!

give her a book and tell her to shut up and quit being such a ungrateful bitch. I hate parents that never do anything for their kids and then think that since they conceived you that you owe them something.

You are so right No. 61. So often we hear about ungrateful children but NEVER ungrateful parents since society does not believe they exist. This is exactly what my mother would do. If I do 50 things for her, I'm a worthless, lazy piece of shit for not doing the 51st thing she wanted. She says that not giving a hoot that I have a family, home and career, none of which she approves of because those are things that take my time away from doing what she wants me to do. I am supposed to be grateful for growing up as the primary target for two physically and verbally abusive, sadistic parents who tortured me and did everything they could to trip me up and hold me back so I could spend my life cooking and cleaning and caring for them, but they don't have to be grateful for anything I do for them and can demand more with impunity because they're my parents. Got it.

skyeyez9 24

Sounds to me that you need to cut them out of your life altogether. You would be better off and your kids too. Their grandkids do not need to be around people who belittle their parents. And you dont know if they will try to undermine your parenting, could begin abusing them or heaven forbid: call cps and lie about abuse so they can get custody of your children!

Thank you No 70, you are a kind and caring person. My parents would not want custody of my daughter. She is a girl and they are girl-haters. She is wheelchair-bound and developmentally delayed so she is 1. not able to work for them and 2. way too much work FOR them. They would have wanted my son but he died at age 1 week, which they blame me for of course.