By ollie179 - 15/08/2011 19:14 - United Kingdom

Today, my 3 year old son's tricycle was stolen. I looked up the street and saw a neighbour's kid riding it. I marched up, gently lifted him off it, gave him a stern lecture about stealing and brought the tricycle back home. The cops then showed up. Apparently, the kid has an identical tricycle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 362
You deserved it 39 443

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RouletteRed 6

Think before you act. You never know what's really going on and can get in serious trouble when you do something like that lol. Besides let a kid ride regardless till he's done. Don't just kick him off xD.

YDI. I understand the thought process, but you probably should have talked to the parents first.

Comments

Contrary to popular belief, toddlers are not all ruthless criminals.

Pretty bad ass to a small child... Next time try checking your sources

YDI, you don't know that kid's parents. They could've pressed assault charges or anything.

fijianchick 0

Haha mom some crazy lady just stole my tricycle...

"Gave him a stern lecture"? - If he is still riding a tricycle, he isn't old enough to Understand how to steal yet Understand a stern lecture!

Please. Kids steal in the daycare I work at all the time. It's not a matter of taking someone else's things, but getting something you like, which is something toddlers grasp frighteningly fast.

If you read the FML carefully, the OP is saying she thought the kid stole (took) the tricycle... I am not saying he did. I am saying the same thing as you that kids don't know how to steal, it's a matter of curiosity to them, but in this case the kid is obviously not old enough to just go on the streets and ride back on the tricycle to his house...

asianpersuasian2 9

uhm, why would not go talk to this kids parents before you A. put your hands on them to "gently" lift him/her off the trike and B. take something from this child. That kid was not yours and it is not your responsibility nor your authority to just go and lecture someone else's child so you got what you deserved!

Your neighbours kid was out alone( I assume). if they still ride tricycles they're far too young to be out on there own.

Thats why you confront the parents...

Xquisite1 28