By Anonymous - 14/09/2012 16:51 - United States

Today, my 12 year-old dog died. My boyfriend's attempts to comfort me involved him muttering, "At least she knows how to play dead now." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 142
You deserved it 2 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taniamw 9

Teach your boyfriend how to roll over by hitting him in the balls lol. That was insensitive of him though.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I'm sorry about your dog :( your boyfriend most likely is just really awkward with comforting people and was trying to make you feel better about it, but if he was seriously being a douche then you should rethink your relationship. Even though it's a dog, dogs feel like family to a lot of people and it's an insensitive thing to joke about.

Comments

gallopinghorses 3

Awe op I understand I just recently lost my 12 year old dog too. It gets better. And for your boyfriend tell him to smarten up!

So your dog died and you decide to go on FML to tell us about what your boyfriend said to console you? From what I see from this, you don't really care about your dead dog if you're willing to put him up on FML.

KiddNYC1O 20

You must be rather new around here...

You do realise that when the FML starts with 'Today...', it doesn't necessarily - shock horror - mean it was today?

perdix 29

Now, teach him to "play celibate."

My dog died when she was 12 too. It gets better with time.

Everyone here who doesn't know how to comfort someone here is a two step guide to being a great comforter. Step 1: Shut your mouth. You do not need to say anything at all. Step 2: Give the person in need of comforting a hug.

A lot of people handle stuff like that (depression, anger, sadness) by being funny because thats the only way they know how deal with it. Don't take it personally, he's dealing and trying to lighten you up. Even though it was a good one. I know its not funny for you but try to relax. It'll be ok.

Twisted_Angel 17

well, you can't blame him. most men don't ever know the right thing to say. Sounds like he was just trying to lighten the mood. don't be to hard on him. sorry about your doggie. R.I.P

perdix 29

That usage of the word "Epic" makes me have Faith No More in humanity.