By Anonymous - 16/07/2013 00:10 - United States - Charlotte

Today, my 11-year-old daughter heard the quote, "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be." She decided to test this out by letting our new puppy out of the front door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 821
You deserved it 4 890

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't remember being that thick headed when I was 11...

Comments

Everyone saying "kids these days" and the like needs to realize that the "kid" in question is 11 years old. At that age, she's undoubtedly learning about her period and, in this day and age, sex and pregnancy. Girls at the age of 13 are popping out kids, so this girl is probably getting sex ed. Regardless, an 11-year-old should easily know not to let a puppy outside like that. OP, I hope you got the puppy back!

As someone who lives in the US, you should know how afraid of sex this country is. Sex ed doesn't come until high school, which is the whole reason these kids end up pregnant so young. I agree with the last sentence, though. This girl's not too bright.

well i had sex ed classes in 8th grade ( middle school)

nokaywhatever 5

please let us know if you find that poor puppy :(

DorkAlert 10

That quote is the dumbest quote ever. I HATE IT. It's not true. Especially in a relationship. You either work on the relationship or you try a new relationship.

It is something people tell themselves to make break ups easier. I hated it the first time I heard it and hate it even more today. Believing something is meant to be is a cop out for not wanting to put work into a relationship. And yes, even with all the work in the world, things still can blow up. It's life. Not fate.

******* dumb creature. hope the dog is ok.

DeanWnchstr12479 6
doglover100 28

OP here! Most of you were really disrespectful. My daughter has learning disabilities and didn't know better. Don't you have better ways to waste your life then point out someone else's "flaws" To those of you that actually cared more about the dog instead of my daughter, yes the dog is okay! I found him about 3 hours later 6 roads down from us and is back home safe and sound!

Well, you could've said your daughter had a disability so we could understand. And if you don't want people to say offensive things, then you've failed yourself as you've posted this on FML, and you have indeed said FML. Next time think before calling people disrespectful and offensive.

And, after reviewing your sorry comment, you said "some better way to waste your lives" and that's just offensive. And disrespectful. The dog should've ran away.

fj19 9

Shock collar with underground fencing

FRUITFUCKED 9

You should test it out on your daughter.

I hope you find the puppy, OP. And I really hope you are disciplining your idiotic 11 year old.