By meggiemouse - 09/07/2011 18:00 - United States

Today, marks the seventh day of having my nose pierced. I'd done everything I was supposed to do, even sleeping with a band-aid over it. This morning, I woke up to my piercing being ripped out by my pillow, and the band-aid nowhere in sight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 776
You deserved it 14 399

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your pillow has a vendetta out for you. Sleep with one eye, or nostril, open.

simply_improper 1

sounds like youre a violent sleeper

Comments

what the hell do you do in your sleep ?

NeverShoutDana 13

Don't know why, but when I read the part about it being ripped out, I touched my nose...

FMMFL1992 3

I did too, but it was because I wanted to pick it.

adam797 0

I touched my nose when I read this comment

******* lamb hater. How the hell can you hate on a lamb? They're cute and cuddly right up to the point where you savagely slice it's jugular and use the spilled blood from the orifice to paint your doors.

ur stupid the adhesive on a band aid can infect your nose ring the fact your stupid enough to wear a bandaid on it is proff u dont need one cuz u cant take care of it

kathy2013 1

did she ask for your opinion jerk!

misssoccer 0

um actually the band aide is good for it cuz it protect it while sleeping it allows you to not worry about touching your ring which does cause infection and the adhesive ain't even touching you are just a stupid and arrogant person who needs to get a clue

the ring ripped out AFTER the band aid came off.. notice THAT!! oKAY?! lol sorry it's a troll thing I do...

having the band aid on there is fine as long as it's just over night. and it's only for 2 weeks. and as long as your keeping it clean it doesn't matter. besides fair sure the cottony bit would be over the ring not the sticky bit? so you should probably know what your talking about before calling some one else stupid. makes you look a tad dumb :-/

i have ten piercings i know a thing or two about them im getting 5 more done in a month putting bandaids on them increases the chances of infections

stacianichole 2
sarahmcgeee 5

it's okay guys shes emo; she loves making people feel like shit. but she's 12; nobody has to worry about her opinion

13AlibiesETF 6

Please, don't act like you know everything. The baind aid is helpful, if you want a infection I don't care just save that talk for yourself. We are all on here to have fun so just end it at that. Btw I see no piercing in your picture???

13AlibiesETF 6

Please, don't act like you know everything. The baind aid is helpful, if you want a infection I don't care just save that talk for yourself. We are all on here to have fun so just end it at that. Btw I see no piercing in your picture???

im not 12 im in college and engaged to a marine first off second off no all my piercings are small i only have 3 facial piercings 2 covered by my bangs and a tiny nose stud. the 5 piercings im getting are all hiden by just wearing everyday clothes except the snake bites which i will wear clear studs at work and small silver studs anyother time. oh and im not emo... im usually called a metal head or goth.

pictures before my second eyebrow ring but u can see one in the picture on the eye wit waylon reavis makeup under it. i pierce other people and i dont have any of my earings in at this pic i was at a whitchapel concert i take them out so i can mosh

I had 5 surface piercings in my back, a dermal in my arm, my septum, snake bites as well as my tongue and naval. so I'm not exactly new to piercings. as well as the fact my body piercer is a close friend. and there's nothing wrong with keeping your piercings covered for a few hours a day til they heal. with dermal piercings you need to have them covered constantly for two weeks so scar tissue heals around them other wise they will come out. I ripped mine out twice. so again. think before you speak.

I also love that you pierce other people yet can't spell the word? and I don't see how or why you found it necessary to add that your engaged to a marine. i don't think any one on here could care less

the fact that you think a band aid has adhesive over the entire bottom and no gaus means your ******* stupid

SmallTownCutie 0

Marines, just stop. You're digging yourself into a deeper hole.

cc_the_beast 6

Not being able to spell gauze makes you look like a moron....

You, Marines, are the most intellectually challenged college student I've ever had the displeasure of coming across. I hope you don't breed. By the way, pardon us FML dwellers for mixing up your social label. I wouldn't be surprised if you cried about it until your goth makeup ran down your face and all ten piercings got infected.

sarahmcgeee 5

OKAY GUYS! she's married to a marine we should believe everything she says now. she knows everything about life. (; and seriously shut up. everyone has there own opinions. a bandaid is helpful, if you clean in prior to putting a new one on and taking it off right after you wake up and cleaning it again. obvi it can cause infection, but the OP wasn't complaining about an infection either. she was complaining about her nose ring being ripped out from her pillow. she doesn't need a "marine's wife" telling her what to do. because all you are is annoying.

tsume24 3

Jesus ******* Christ. why all the hate? did she ask for YOUR opinions!? I agree with marineslover 100%. here's why band-aids on a nostril piercing are bad: a band-aid CAN, believe it or not, trap infectious bacteria, which should be avoided at all costs (guess what, people "forget" to clean their piercings all the time). sure, the part of the band-aid that covers the piercing isn't the adhesive part, but all that trauma to your nose just putting it there and peeling it off is NOT helpful... which, in turn, means longer and more difficult healing time. and nostrils take 6 - 12+ to heal as it is (DO NOT believe a piercer who tells you otherwise)! so basically, if you fear you might rip out your nostril piercing in your sleep, it's probably not one you should get. the hate is unwarranted; marineslover is actually correct. I don't understand why her comments warranted such insults and attacks. oh and I've heard of people getting about a dozen microdermals in one sitting and healing them fine so the whole "she must be wrong cuz she mentioned getting five piercings at once" isn't necessarily relevant.

tsume24 3

226, you call her intellectually challenged yet you don't seem to be aware that a healed piercing is past the risk of infection...good job. and please tell me how eyebrow piercings can "get infected" from makeup running down a person's face. your logic is hysterical for someone who tries so hard to sound smart.

sarahmcgeee 5

thank you for repeating what I said in more words and I'm sure marine woman was happy to get her dick sucked. so thanks for that too

tsume24 3

236, I didn't even bother reading your comment before I commented so boo hoo. thanks for thumbing me down just because I went into detail about why everyone insulting someone who didn't insult them was actually wrong. get over it already. you're awfully rude. weren't you preaching about how everyone has the right to their opinion?

sarahmcgeee 5

who gives a rats patotie if you get "thumbed down" I'm not that retarded I don't care. and I may be rude or whatever else you wanna call me. but I'm right. and I really don't care. I'm not trying to be best friends so I'm not going to go out of my way to be nice. and yeah, everyone can have their own opinion. but in this case, hers was wrong.

tsume24 3

you should really learn some grammar, dearie. if you didn't care, you wouldn't be raging so hard, hahaha. way to contradict yourself by saying someone else's opinion was wrong (which #1 is a 100% opinionated statement therefore is an invalid argument, and #2 is irrelevant because she was stating FACTS, that I reinforced with more facts). it shames me to share my first name with someone like you. /:

sarahmcgeee 5

now you're just looking for things to put me down, but hey whatever helps you sleep at night. I got a c in my chem 11 class instead of a b; did you wanna analyze the crap outta that too? maybe you'll find out that I don't give a shit about you or this FML if you really want to I'll be the bigger person. you won the fight. you're welcome sarah. (;

tsume24 3

I'm not looking for ways to put you down. I informed you that you contradicted yourself. you should really talk to an anger management therapist sometime. if you didn't care about me or the FML, you'd stop responding. my original reply to marineslover wasn't even directed at you, so I don't know why you're being so butt-hurt. sorry that the facts I stated upset you so much.

haha man I've done that sooo many times. this morning in fact I woke up with the ring in my hand

iChel413 6

At least it didn't hurt! I can't remember my nose piercing ever being ripped out by a pillow. you must be a rough sleeper.