By nobodylovesme - 04/04/2013 06:46 - United States - Northridge

Today, it was my wedding day. Three people showed up. My mom, my dad, and the priest. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 880
You deserved it 4 937

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh that's so sad :/ I'm sorry op, you're not the first person to be left at the alter. Some people have commitment issues I guess. Have a long talk with your fiancé and see where you stand.

mokielove 10

that sounds weird, you had to have gave wrong information . I mean think about It. all those people not showing up. don't make sense.

Comments

If only three people showed up, I'd be wondering if I wrote the wrong date on the invitations or something. It seems strange that nobody else would have been there. Surely you would have noticed something was amiss before the day of your wedding? Did you ask for an RSVP from the people you invited? Didn't any of your friends or family discuss the wedding before the actual day the wedding was supposed to be on?

Well none of that excuses the groom.

Oh man OP, I can't express how sorry I am. Maybe he has a logical explanation as to why he didn't show up. I wouldn't just give up on him so easily. FYL indeed OP.

perdix 29

#17, "I don't want to be married to you" counts as a logical explanation. I'd say it's the most likely one, too.

So, what's the deeper meaning of this FML? That you and your partner don't have any friends or that you and your partner don't have any true friends?

perdix 29

#7, ask Pope Francis, he might feel bad enough for you to allow an exception so you can marry that priest. He seems like a nice guy that wouldn't want you to leave church empty-handed.

Yourheadache 19

aww op, that sucks, try to find out what happened, and don't jump into conclusions.

Maybe they were just so jealous of how awesome you two were. And they didn't want to have to feel lonely because they don't have the strong and powerful live you two have.

graphicstyle7 17

I'm guessing some people are missing the point and the groom did not show up as well? Super bummer, my condolences. Time to be sad for a while, then move on.

I was thinking that her and the groom were there, but the guests just included the priest and her parents. Although it is a bit vague on whether the groom was there. I'm surprised there were not any brides maids or grooms men. Maybe this was a Vegas wedding?

And what? No one showed up for your husband?

I was at a wedding where it was only the bride, groom, their toddler and us the witnesses, so in total 5 people. For personal reasons, they didn't want anybody else at the ceremony. So it was probably something like that for OP. The point is that the groom didn't come. It is so cowardly and humiliating. I don't understand you can do something that awful.

Unless he's dead there's no excuse. That's weak.