By Anonymous - 30/03/2014 18:45 - United Kingdom - Redditch

Today, it was my first ever live piano performance. It went all great until the end, when I stood up, slipped, and smashed face-first into the keys. I've lost half a tooth and all my dignity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 878
You deserved it 3 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, the keys ARE ivory. I just never expected a pianist to chip in his own teeth.

Comments

I think you're trying a little too hard to put a peice of yourself into the music, but nonetheless sorry bout everything OP

OP as a trumpeter, I can totally relate with something more or less traumatizing happen on stage, so I feel your pain. However, I listened to the drummer in the jazz band (who now has his own band. Look up Andre Jevnik on YouTube. HE IS AMAZING! And he has poofy hair) when I stood up for a solo and knocked over my chair and music stand next to a really cute girl (AT THE FIRST REHEARSAL IN MY NEW SCHOOL) "You haven't played music today until you've made a fool of yourself." I've been following that rule ever since and I've personally had more fun and now if I make a mistake or play a bad note, I just go with it, laugh, or laugh with everyone else and I'll make a quick joke about the note itself. Remember, OP it's called "Performing Arts." Some performances will go exactly as planned, and some might not. Just be ligatto and go with it.

martin8337 35

Well, maybe not all of your dignity.

You must have hammered that piano hard I sure hope the applause was forte

just think of the bright side, you had a good 1st live performance.

chickinblue 12

I was having a horrible evening and this made me laugh incredibly hard. I'm sorry that happened to you, but thank you for the laugh :)

At least you left an impression. If there were other performers I'm sure no one will be talking about them.

good news dentists can repair a chipped tooth!

well im sure you're pieces were a real "smash"