Charming dude

By Hurt as hell - 29/11/2023 07:30

Today, I saw the guy I have a crush on kissing a blonde chick. He'd turned me down because he “wasn’t into blondes”. I’m a blonde myself. When I confronted him about it, he told me, “Oh, I should have been more specific. I’m not into blondes who have a face like Sid the Sloth and a body like Shamu.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 296
You deserved it 741

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So many FML of people who doesn't get the hint. If s.he are not into you then they are not into you. No point in confronting. Whatever the excuse was, emotional availability, sexual orientation or color of hair. Just accept that it's most likely meant to avoid confrontation and let the other person be.

while I think he was an ass with his response, you did set yourself up. when you saw him with another blonde it was obvious that he wasn't into you and you forced him to be blunt. he just took it too far.

Comments

So many FML of people who doesn't get the hint. If s.he are not into you then they are not into you. No point in confronting. Whatever the excuse was, emotional availability, sexual orientation or color of hair. Just accept that it's most likely meant to avoid confrontation and let the other person be.

While I agree, a lot of people also need to learn to say the words, "I'm not interested in you". Add a 'Sorry' first if that makes you feel better. Just be honest upfront - you may hurt the person now, but save further hurt down the line and allow them to eventually move on.

I completely agree. The times when girls are straight up are actually less hurtful than when they try to spare your feelings and avoid the confrontation. I only had one girl straight up say to me I'm not interested in dating you and it didn't hurt at all. I knew where she stood and that was that. The other girls will avoid you or not answer the phone when you call. When I was younger and more naive I just assumed that they weren't home. This was a few years ago when home phones were a thing. I even got stood up twice by the same girl because she was too afraid to tell me she didn't like me. Getting stood up sucks but being told that they're not interested doesn't. I think that most girls are just trying to protect themselves and not you. When I was dating my wife one of her roommates checked her phone and said doesn't this guy get the hint. I'm not answering my phone. I was just thinking, no, guys probably don't get the hint. They're probably giving you the benefit of the doubt when you don't answer your phone. The moral of the story is tell guys when you're not interested. Or in OPs case tell girls when you are not interested.

while I think he was an ass with his response, you did set yourself up. when you saw him with another blonde it was obvious that he wasn't into you and you forced him to be blunt. he just took it too far.

dongdong xiang 10

Why does this have so many YDI’s? what he did was ****** up. Not only is that guy an asshole for putting you down, he’s a shallow liar. He basically rejected you because you’re not a blonde Barbie doll and the other girl apparently is. You dodged a huge bullet. People need to realize that looks fade over time. OP forget about that superficial jerk and find someone who loves you for you.

Unpopular opinion: looks matter more than most people are willing to admit/accept, and this goes to BOTH men and women. Physical appearance is for the initial attraction, then their character/personality keeps them locked in on our radars. Yes, it is unrealistic and ridiculous to expect a person to look like a model 24/7 after the initial first meeting, and if you're putting up with an unpleasant person just because they look good, then that's another problem, but let's not deny basic psychology/biology and pretend that appearance doesn't matter. Could he have rejected her in a better manner? Of course. But she should have just accepted the rejection and move on.

dongdong xiang 10

All that glitters isn’t gold. Even salt looks like sugar. Appearances can be misleading. Basing everything off appearance is just shallow. People like this often end up alone for the rest of their lives because they don’t appreciate people for their true selves only superficial stuff that fades or can mislead.

I guess you didn't read the part where I did acknowledge that yes, it is ridiculous to judge based solely on looks alone, especially when you're putting up with an unpleasant person who just happens to look good, or expecting a person to look like a model 24/7. And yes, beauty does fade overtime, and it is shallow to leave somebody just because their looks fade, hence my comment where I said that it's ridiculous to expect your partner to look like a model 24/7. And why do you keep assuming that the girl that the dude was kissing was a "Barbie doll"? Maybe she was plain in the looks department herself, but at least puts in an effort to take care of her overall appearance, and he found that attractive about her. If you personally can look past a person's overall appearance and want to get to know them inside, then more power to you. It doesn't negate the fact that physical attraction matters just as much as emotional attraction.

Just cause the guy was a douchebag. doesn't mean OP didn't deserve a harsh response. Why the hell is she confronting the guy when it's obvious he just isn't attracted to her and told a simple lie to avoid being blunt the first time?

dongdong xiang 10

Because OP’s crush is a big fat liar and got caught lying. Also he’s a shallow ************ because he wants Barbie dolls and not real women.

You dodged a bullet, honestly. Confronting him wasn't necessary in this case but now that you know he's an immature ass, you are free to find someone who appreciates you.

n3rdn3ss 8

For this case there should have been 0 YDI. Sure, a lot of people could tell that him being with a different blonde girl meant he just wasn't into OP, he still shouldn't have lied about it to start nor said the comment he did about her.

Hi. You know how girls are always on about how they like a guy who dresses nicely and takes care of himself and has his shit together? Well, surprise surprise, guys are exactly the same. The other girl got him because she put the work in and looked after herself. Self love and body positivity are great but you also can't expect someone to date you if they don't find you sexually attractive. The guy was trying to be nice.

dongdong xiang 10

Let’s say they get married and she gives birth to his child and gains some weight after childbirth. He leaves her to find another Barbie doll. Don’t you think that’s shallow? A hot body doesn’t last forever. A pretty face gets wrinkles over time. The other girl has no prize. Someone so superficial and disrespectful will end up alone the rest of their lives.

Yes, all guys understand that childbirth is not kind to a woman's body and when we get serious with a girl we take that into account. However, there is a time before that emotional connection gets formed when physical appearance is very important. Also, if she looks like that before childbirth, it will be much worse after. If a guy looks after himself in terms of lifestyle etc, he is going to want the same in a woman.