By Anonymous - 19/07/2013 16:41 - United States - Milwaukee

Today, it's my fifth wedding anniversary. My wife bailed on the romantic dinner that I arranged in favor of running off with her friends. Their big event: an amateur Fight Club event they'd decided to stage in an abandoned parking lot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 430
You deserved it 4 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And she talked to you about it? No wonder it's amateur.

...5 rule of fight club no shirts no shoes. OP, why aren't you going to watch?!

Comments

MidnightMusic53 37

That's a piss poor excuse for her to bail on your anniversary. It only happens once a year, she had plenty of other days she could have done her stupid idea. I hope you sat down and had a talk with her to find out if your marriage is still going to work if she always puts herself before you. Even if she doesn't, you still ought to have a talk with her and let her know that this was unacceptable. Being a flake isn't "hot" or "cool."

Finally a found someone who actually agrees. Not to sound sexist or anything, but I've seen when a guy does this and people says he was a horrible person.

Holy shit. I would be going there with her. Sounds like an amazing date.

Man that's just messed up. U actually remembered the anniversary and she didn't even bother to be a part of it. Completely out of the ordinary if u ask me

DenverWRX08 8

To be honest......that sounds a lot more exciting than anything you could have possibly had planned.

Did you at least warn her in advance? That was not very nice of her to not let you know she had other plans for your anniversary day, but then again...

Why should he have had to warn her? I feel like it's a pretty standard thing to reserve your anniversary day for your significant other. She shouldn't have had any other plans. Plus a lot of people love to surprise their spouse on their anniversary.

Seriously.....I'd have chosen a fight club anyday to a romantic dinner. Lmao. You should have taken her cue and followed suit. She sounds spontaneous and adventurous which could be a really great advantage for any marriage. Honestly....Go have some fun....live a little!

She bailed on their anniversary. That is mean and disrespectful, and I doubt he was invited along since she ran off with them to go fight.