By farrahfarrest_ - 02/07/2009 19:49 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor. I told her I felt down all the time. She asked me a few questions and she told me I was depressed. She suggested to go home and find the sources of my depression. When I told my parents, they started laughing and said "Yeah, right." I think I found my source. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 674
You deserved it 3 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ghost_light 0

To those who are falsely equating depression with being emo: **** you. Despression is a legitimate illness that can be as debilitating and painful as any other, and you should hope that you never find yourself drowning in it. It is NOT simply a "state of mind" and cannot be alleviated just by merely wishing it away; for many it takes years of therapy and sometimes medication to finally get out of it. Seriously--cut the ignorance and pick up a book.

hellobananas 0

Sometimes parents think it's "just a phase" and that the kid'll get over it. That doesn't mean they should laugh though. If you said the doctor told you you were depressed, then FML. If you just left that part out, then it's more of a YDI. Either way, sorry bout that. Being depressed sucks, and if your rental units don't even know or care... I've been there.

Comments

kellster 2

Your parents fail hard. :( I'm sorry! I guess they're not the best for confiding stuff like that in? I hope you can get some help from your counsellor. Good luck.

jennifer5 6

Yeah when i told my mom my doctor wanted me to go on medicine for my depression she told me i needed to be put into a psych ward then. My dad was quiet. my mom is the reason for mine.

harlequeen 0

Umm. Am I the only one who is appalled that a doctor supposedly told someone to go find the "source" of their depression?

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I'm so sry, I'd ask the doctor to call them and make them feel horrible,(if they r capable of guilt)

Most of the people I know who haven't been able to break away from their parents are crazy as hell. Move a couple states away from them as soon as you're able. You'll thank yourself.

at least she did not take it out on you

how a parent treats you can make you very depressed if it feels like they're never there for you it can be as bad as if they aren't there. parents can be abusive with or without meaning to, they can talk down to their kids with or without meaning to etc.... this site isn't a contest of whose life is worse and different things can affect various people differently anyhow. some people are also more prone to things like depression to and either way it's dumb and makes you look bad for making fun of anyone for it. there are some things on this site that are true ydi this is not.

vanessa_nessa_08 0

how do all the numbers get out of order?

kc2_fml 0

@ 1.. I could top it if i lied

car6435 0

im sorry but your parents may be douchbags. damn that sucks. but hey it getts better eventually. keep living and it will get better