By Damnsoup - 03/07/2009 00:12 - United Kingdom

Today, I went to my fiancé's house to have dinner with his family for the first time. Trying to be polite at the end of the meal I went to take the plates in to the kitchen. I overestimated how heavy the half-finished soup pot was, and threw soup all over myself and future mother-in-law. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 273
You deserved it 6 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay, totally embarrassing...but we all do stupid stuff like that sometimes! lol

rjk1991 0

I agree that lolwst and Shizden are brainless idiots.

Comments

sexymessy 0

Hope the soup wasnt hot! It would be a **** your relationship if it was hot and she got burned LOL

razzlebdazzle 0

Lol that happened to me once only with a baby but luckily I grabbed her quick enough so that I wouldn't throw her over my head.

Wait, what? You went to lift a baby. You thought she was actually heavier than she really was so when you went to lift her, she flew into the air [that's what I'm assuming since you said you caught her quickly enough before she flew over your head], but you were able to catch her before she flew over your head, while she was in mid-air?

razzlebdazzle 0

Noo she never went over my head I was holding onto her tight enough but she almost went flying.

sexymessy 0

you sure are in an "agreeing mood" =)

if they are good people they will understand and most likely brought up everytime the family gets together.

Darth_Taco 14

First, how the hell do I report lolwst? **** it, I'll find a way. Second, I'm sorry! Hopefully they'll see that it was just an honest mistake. If not, you still have their son's heart so you win. I can see myself doing something like that XP. Except without the fiancé part since I don't like the thought of getting marries :P.

Who 'acccidentially' picks things up with so much force they fly all over the place?? Surely if you're picking something up that you're not sure how heavy it is, ESPECIALLY if it contains a liquid, you gradually increase the amount of force you're applying until you've lifted it? It's the way we pick things up instinctively, because if it's too heavy and you try to jerk it like that, you'll hurt yourself. YDI for thinking you know better than your instincts in the art of picking things up without chucking them across the room.