By newcomer - 12/04/2017 05:00 - Canada - Kingston

Today, to treat the family, I cooked something nice in appreciation for sticking it out over the past few tough months. Unfortunately, I chose this one day to not wear my oven mitts when carrying the food to the table, spilling the food all over the carpeted floor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 513
You deserved it 2 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Okay, but why would you ever NOT wear oven mitts when carrying hot food?

JadeMinu 10

Damn.... Forget the carpet OP, you could have seriously injured yourself. At least it's the thought that counts :)

Comments

I guess practice makes perfect? Try practicing with empty trays?

JadeMinu 10

Damn.... Forget the carpet OP, you could have seriously injured yourself. At least it's the thought that counts :)

At least the family had a good laugh after you comedically said, "Hot, hot, hot, hot!" before dropping the food.

Okay, but why would you ever NOT wear oven mitts when carrying hot food?

I feel the key word here is chose... you chose to be an idiot

Some metal tray has just come out of the oven at 200 degrees celsius. Let's just pick that up and walk around. This is not an FML. As some random teenager might say..."I can't even".

Lobby_Bee 17

I don't understand how the food would even spill. Wouldn't you be able to feel it being too hot to handle the moment you touched it? Use that muscle in your head next time you deal with hot food.

This made me think of the "**** **** **** **** **** *CLANG*" guy... I wish I could embed the clip here in the comments.