By sad child - 27/08/2011 07:45 - United States

Today, I went to my doctor for a check-up. It started with the doctor lifting my shirt up to check my heartbeat, and ended with my gran starting a fistfight over his "perverted ways." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 748
You deserved it 2 701

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a perv! Who does he think he is?? A doctor??

She's right he was defiantly making a move on you! Wish my grandma threw down

Comments

In my experience.., For a proper heart auscultation you need to listen at different places on the chest in order to localize murmers to the right heart valves. A shirt will often cause noises everytime it touches the stethoscope tube. So often it is best if the shirt is lifted up or taken off. However, if a heart disease is not suspected or you just want to hear the heart rythm you can probably put the stethoscope under the shirt or even put it on the shirt.

I love how the sensible post gets downrated... the only thing you hear through good is the hospital clothes. Although it seems to be a culture thing; in Sweden we still do it properly if there's time, but it's getting more sloppy here too.

The doctor shouldn't have to lift your shirt up.

I always have my heartbeat checked over my shirt... you should be proud you have such a protective grandma!

x__lil_shawty__x 2

Today, I got punched in the face by an old lady calling me a pervert. Why? I needed to check her granddaughter's heartbeat. I'm a doctor. FML

I don't know about you but doesn't it seem like a lot of people on FML have violent grandparents ?

You totally deserve it for going with your grandma !

Yeah... I don't know why your doctor does the heartbeat check under your shirt, but I've never had that happen with my doctor, and as far as I know it doesn't happen often if at all here. It makes sense why he would do it - there's nothing hindering the reading he gets - but I'd still feel uncomfortable. I'd be grateful for that grandmother.

For_Real_Deal 0

Ok unless u were wearing a 10 in. thick shirt he should have been able to check ur heartbeat without raising up ur shirt... Go granny!!!

jobsman99 0

it was when he did a thorough check on both your breasts several times looking for your heart that must have tipped her off